Which sounds the best...

Brian May

• Members

[video=youtube;Ay8jiYWcCg8]

OR....[video=youtube;_Z6ooepT4bY]

Now between these 2 in theory at least the HD500 should being newer have better amp modelling sounds right? I mean its got the mega new DSP's that can do like 10x the processing power? Well, although those 2 vids are about the Tech 21 Power Engine and not a comparison of the GT-10 v HD500..still that said I couldn't help but think the OLDER GT-10 sounded better to my ears! Espesh on the high gain Marshall model on the GT-10 - loved that sound!

Whaddya think??

• Members

I prefer the GT10, it sound more natural and dynamic to me. I had all the gt starting from the 5 and to my ears they respond better to player dynamics

than the pod.

Some amp models clean up really nice when you play with the volume pot on the guitar.

The only problem with this kinds of unit when used with a real amp, is that they don't cut through the mix and as the volume

increase they will sound harsh and shrill.

Just my 2 cents.

• Members

The GT10 sounded a lot better to me because it didn't sound as compressed, specifically with the attack. Granted it's tough to tell with a bunch of effects going on, but they sounded more alive than the Line6, which had that compressed, one-dimensional sound.

• Members

But this is my point...shouldnt the latest greatest win by a 1st round KO?? I mean shouldnt it be a mismatch?? Has modelling actually got better at all ?? I mean really? Cos this video doesnt show it! And several of the other HD500 vids i've seen on youtube suggest its not that different to the XT Live I used to have. I have a GT-10 myself...so am I biased? Well I dont think so cos I'm actually not a fan of using it in my band cos thru my amps or even straight into the PA when I tried that.

Archived