X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with this Epiphone headstock?

I've never seen this headstock logo on an Epi before? Was this from a long-ago period or was it a "new coke" that didn't work out?

They tried that one for a while on their lowest end stuff like the Basher. I want to say it was in the early 2000s, but I can't remember for sure.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
    Good transactions: warriorpoet, lowbrow, Puckman, BlackHatHunter, DracoAran, brianeharmonjr, natasmi, id-man, nbabmf, Splendor, angelhair0, d_dave_c, dcindc (x2), dogbone94, chiro972, coolwaterz, Radiohead, lol (x2), roadscholar, Hammer97e, teleman, torgeot, metalhead666666, zakadams, tincob, Doctor Morbius, HanSolo, danhauk, bennnintexas, Overwhelmed987, The Bear, 9-Pin-Phoenix, Dmerge, D34dBaWx, TomCray, Timmott, Tupelo Son, dogfish, ae3753, Gearhunter, virtuzoso, Meowy, RooSTER-b, mrbrown49</font></div>

Comment

E series. OOP but not that old. All kinds of ugly models like the sg with a cross shaped hole all the way through the body. At least I think that's it.

Comment

I believe Frets99 has one o' those
        This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.<br><br>See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

Yeah, New Coke is about right, haha.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

I love Epi headstocks. Which guitar does that come from? Not familiar with Basher. I guess I should google, huh?

Comment

Last time I saw those was when Mars musical centers were still in business.

Comment

I've seen a few of those. They were on pretty low end guitars. I think it was like a Maestro level guitar. Maybe a precursor to the bolt-on Specials.
                Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Working...
                X