My little pile of musical stuff.....

John Backlund

• Members

What is that 175 copy, Samick? How is the buuild and how does she play? I am looking for a 175 copy of some sort Unless I can find the real deal for a decent price.

NIce set of retro looking axes by the way!

Humble, but appropriately eccentric......

IMG_4645.jpg

Oops! missing one in the above photo....

YellowSanatoga1363.jpg

• Members

What is that 175 copy, Samick? How is the buuild and how does she play? I am looking for a 175 copy of some sort Unless I can find the real deal for a decent price.

NIce set of retro looking axes by the way!

Thanks! a fine mix of exceptional quality and stringed firewood they are.

The '175' is a 'Sanatoga' no less, which is the house brand of Sanatoga Music, who's online store is MusiclandCentral, a large online seller of Jay Turser guitars, among others. This guitar is a rebadged Jay turser JT-136 and has not been made for several years as a Sanatoga. 'Build quality' probably rates a weak 6, or strong 5 out of a possible 10. I consider it a piece of lovable junk that will eventually get a major upgrade just because it's yellow, which is why I bought it in the first place, the color. I think I might have paid $150 for it maybe five years ago. At some point, it will be getting a Bigsby, toaster pickups,roller bridge, checkerboard pickguard, red dice tone and volume knobs, and quality tuners. It will then become my 'Rockabilly Special' guitar.

• Members

Lookin' good. Someone's late on posting your new pricing guide...

Every time I see your guitars I have to go to your site and drool.

I didn't know that there was a new pricing guide. It may sound a little confusing, but that is not my site, it's the website of J. Backlund Design....which is the company in Chattanooga, TN. that is licensed to build several of the guitars I've designed. So far, we are separate entities.

• Members

Is that a Pathfinder?

What's a 'Pathfinder'? Something I have, or from one of the other poster's photos ?

In my photo. left to right....

1. MIM Fender Telecaster 'standard' with Allparts replacement neck, Seymour Duncan pickups, Klusen vintage slotted tunersm and a red 'tort' guard.

2. Schecter 'Stargazer'

3. J. Backlund Design JBD-100 #5

4. Seafoam green Sanatoga '335'

5. Devlin 'Imposter'

6. Ibanez AFS75TD 'Turquoise'

7. Center on floor stand...J. Backlund Design JBD-200

8. To the right, on floorstand...Danelectro 'Innuendo' 12 string solidbody.

9. behind the Dano, laying against the wall...POS Epiphone acoustic that I wish I never bought.

10. On floor in foreground, cheapo squareneck resonator guitar (obviously...well, not the "cheapo part" maybe).

• Members

At some point, it will be getting a Bigsby, toaster pickups,roller bridge, checkerboard pickguard, red dice tone and volume knobs, and quality tuners. It will then become my 'Rockabilly Special' guitar.

Needs portholes :)

Nice to hear from you, John. Anything new to show? Did you ever offer posters like you have framed in the first photo above?

D

• Members

That Ric-ish Schecter looks so cool, I had forgotten about those
:)

Any better pics of the Devlin 'Imposter' ? Very cool!
:thu:

The Schecter is very nice guitar IMO..I picked it up locally used, for less than half of what they go for new.

Here's some photos I had taken of the Devlin soon after it arrived...(ebay snag)..

Devlin1.jpg

Devlin5.jpg

Devlin6.jpg

Devlin4.jpg

Devlin2.jpg

It's a smallish guitar, very light weight...don't know what kind of wood it's made of, feels like balsa though. It has some pretty sharp fret ends, and the pickups sound 'muddy' to me. The tuners are junk....If I keep the guitar, it'll have to have some upgraded components, and it aslo could benefit from a pro setup. As it is, I consider it an interesting wall-hanger....with potential.

Archived