bridge issues on 6120

Haden Olmsted

• Members

Hey everyone,

So Iv come across a little issue with my bridge on my 6120. When I really start to get into it, my low E string likes to pop off the bridge, when then forces me to stop playing and fix the issue. This happened a few times at a show I played over the weekend. Any cures? Thanks,

-HADEN-

• Members

I bought an Epi ES-295 that has a bigsby B7 instead of the B6 that would seem to be correct by the bigsby specs. I think your 6120 has a B6. I have come to find, though, that the torsion bar keeps the strings from popping off the bridge like you're saying. I playsome pretty heavy rhythm and had the same thing happen when I bypassed the torsion bar on my guitar.

What gauge strings do you use? I would go one heavier and see if that increased the tension enough to prevent the problem.

• Members

I think you definitely should have mentioned this flaw when you were giving your 6120 a glowing review in
. I wouldn't recommend that someone buy the same car I'm driving if I'm having issues with fuel intake, you know?

Yeah, I thought about that, but since the issue is rather infrequent, and doesnt really affect in any other ways i didn't think it was that important. BTW Thanks so much for your reply about the question I was asking... really it helped me out so much, could you post another one?

Archived