X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridge issues on 6120

Hey everyone,
    So Iv come across a little issue with my bridge on my 6120. When I really start to get into it, my low E string likes to pop off the bridge, when then forces me to stop playing and fix the issue. This happened a few times at a show I played over the weekend. Any cures? Thanks,
    -HADEN-
    Gear:
    '10 Gretsch g6120
    '02 PRS Custom 24
    '97 Fender USA Standard Tele
    Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo
    Fender Deluxe Reverb

I think you definitely should have mentioned this flaw when you were giving your 6120 a glowing review in THIS THREAD. I wouldn't recommend that someone buy the same car I'm driving if I'm having issues with fuel intake, you know?

Comment

I bought an Epi ES-295 that has a bigsby B7 instead of the B6 that would seem to be correct by the bigsby specs. I think your 6120 has a B6. I have come to find, though, that the torsion bar keeps the strings from popping off the bridge like you're saying. I playsome pretty heavy rhythm and had the same thing happen when I bypassed the torsion bar on my guitar.

What gauge strings do you use? I would go one heavier and see if that increased the tension enough to prevent the problem.
      This space intentionally left blank

Comment

I think you definitely should have mentioned this flaw when you were giving your 6120 a glowing review in THIS THREAD. I wouldn't recommend that someone buy the same car I'm driving if I'm having issues with fuel intake, you know?

Yeah, I thought about that, but since the issue is rather infrequent, and doesnt really affect in any other ways i didn't think it was that important. BTW Thanks so much for your reply about the question I was asking... really it helped me out so much, could you post another one?
        Gear:
        '10 Gretsch g6120
        '02 PRS Custom 24
        Fender Deluxe Reverb

Comment

I play bass in a band where the guitar player just got a 6120. He complains of the same issue. He uses 9s (which I don't think are ideal for that guitar.)

It's never happened on my 5120 with 11s.
          NYC Americana

Comment

yeah iv been using 11's on mine, and iv been thinking about going up to 12's. Probably try that soon. Thanks BlackCat and Cephus.
            Gear:
            '10 Gretsch g6120
            '02 PRS Custom 24
            Fender Deluxe Reverb

Comment

Is it a stock bridge? Perhaps just cut the slot a little deeper?

Comment

Working...
              X