My pile of Fenders

benzem

• Members

'65 Twin Reverb RI, HRDeville 2x12, Blues Jr., Princeton 65.

'06 Deluxe Strat, '95 MIM Tele, '85 MIJ Squier Strat, (not in this pic, almost forgot:facepalm: too many guitars?, '85 MIJ Squier Contemporary strat, pic below)

guitars2-8-11008.jpg' alt='>'>

guitars2-8-11002.jpg' alt='>'>

Squier bros.

guitars2-8-11026.jpg' alt='>'>

guitars2-8-11028.jpg' alt='>'>

Post yours!

:thu:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will soon have seven basses/guitars, four of them Fender and three Squier.

So no, you don't have too many.

That said, to me, Fender isn't about Strat and Tele like it is for a lot of people. It's about the Jaguar and the Mustang, and I have one of each:

5410276032_c227d11342_b.jpg

5410464939_81eb962626_b.jpg

• Members

That said, to me, Fender isn't about Strat and Tele like it is for a lot of people. It's about the Jaguar and the Mustang, and I have one of each:

Those are cool. You know, I have never played either! Which one has the 24" scale? I always thought that would be fun.

• Members

Uh oh, I hadn't realized I have a Fender pile.

P1000845.jpg

Made in Mexico, Made in Mexico, and Crafted in China

My wife had implemented a strict "No More Red Guitars" policy. Apparently, I'm destroying the decor of this room or some such. I broke the policy with that Tele Saturday. :) I love my wife.

Thanks, Leo! :thu:

Now I gotta go spread this stuff back around the room, so it doesn't look so much like a pile!

• Members

5410276032_c227d11342_b.jpg

5410464939_81eb962626_b.jpg

you sir have good taste, and too the original poster... great guitars and amps.:thu:

downsized_0127012133d2.jpg

• Members

I love Jazzmasters - probably my favorite guitar! I always thought that if you were restricted to just one instrument company (for guitars and amps), Fender would be the the best one.

Absolutely. Leo Fender designed some of the most classic instruments ever, and not only that, the Fender approach to electric guitars is the approach I like. The Gibson approach isn't quite me.

Plus, you're not lacking in variety when you go with Fender. You have Strats in all different configurations, Teles in all different configurations, then you have Mustangs, Jaguars, Jazzmasters, Duo-Sonics, the variety is endless. The thing is, you can get an LP like thing going by going with an HH or a P90 Tele (some even have set necks), but trying to catch the Mustang vibe in a Gibson, is that even possible?

• Members

you sir have good taste, and too the original poster... great guitars and amps.
:thu:

downsized_0127012133d2.jpg

Hah, is that a '65 Olympic White with Lace Gold Sensor pickups? Mine are Hot Gold, if you can't tell.

I've always loved the Olympic White finish, and I'm getting a Mustang Bass in olympic white to make up for the fact that I really shouldn't be spending more money on guitars at the very moment.

• Members

Hah, is that a '65 Olympic White with Lace Gold Sensor pickups? Mine are Hot Gold, if you can't tell.

I've always loved the Olympic White finish, and I'm getting a Mustang Bass in olympic white to make up for the fact that I really shouldn't be spending more money on guitars at the very moment.

Yes, a '65 RI with a red in the bridge and a blue in the neck, i want a mustang bass as well.:thu:

• Members

Nice.... loves me some Fenders!

I think I currently only own a stock (well other than pickups) Fender guitar, but I have three parts casters with Fender bodies and necks and another Fender body with a Warmoth neck. In addition, I have a JV series Japanese Squier strat that I love nearly as much as any Fender I've ever owned and a kinda ugly POS Squier.

My next project will be combining a MIJ Fender body with another year MIJ Fender neck to make a Jimi Monterey Pop Festival tribute guitar.

I currently have a Fender Twin II amp and Fender Tweed Deluxe and Tweed Champ clones.

Overall, just half of my guitars and amps are Fenders so yeah... I like em. :lol:

DSC_4241a1.jpg

DSC_4371a1.jpg

DSC_4520a1.jpg

DSC_6232a1.jpg

DSC_6971a1.jpg

DSC_5098a1.jpg

• Members

benzem - Of the amps you originally posted, which is your favorite and why? Could you describe their unique tonal characteristics? Which ones have the best natural distortion and do you like the Hot Rod's Drive channel? (a hotly debated issue, apparently) I'm trying to get a bead on the basic traits on the major Fender amps and it seems you own a few of them.

• Members

Oh, how does that work out for you? I never liked the red much as a guitar pickup and it didn't stay in my (long-gone) Tele long at all. It found a new life as a killer bass pickup in a Bronco Bass, though.

I like the combo a lot in my Mustang... sweet basses.:thu:

Archived