Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neck pocket grain looks like ash to me.

Comment

Neck pocket grain looks like ash to me.

grain you can see through the back looks like ash to me.
      This is an ash body

Comment

whats that extra hole on the back of the neck pocket? and the circle hole on the front? looks MIM...I dont know strats if it were a tele I could tell right away. who sheilded it?

stuff:
        52RI Tele
        Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
        more stuff:
        65 Twin Reverb Reissue
        Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

whats that extra hole on the back of the neck pocket? and the circle hole on the front? looks MIM...I dont know strats if it were a tele I could tell right away. who sheilded it?

That hole in the neck pocket is for the micro tilt. MIA bodies have 1 circle hole. MIMs have 2

Comment

The big circle hole below the pickup routes is to align the router/cnc machine properly on multiple machining steps, or so I have heard.

Comment

Imma say yeah, I think that's quite likely Bruce, so-so Bruce. Not bad Bruce, but not good Bruce either...

Fixed your post - the guitar - a bit tough need more pics to tell if its ASH but Yeah Bruce Cambell is an Ash-hole (spelling?)
              Finally learning to enjoy something besides metal......and it Hurts!

Comment

When did the MIAs get the neck humbucker route?
                Mazi Bee Militia!
                JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
                PpP
                My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

I was wondering what the hole was for

Comment

When did the MIAs get the neck humbucker route?

2000 was the biggest body changes in years. When they went to the American series they stopped using veneer on the front and back also.
                    Mine has 10 penned in the the trem cavity. This one looks like DZ.
                    In 2000 they strarted using Z in the serial number , the D could be deluxe my guess because it's ash?

Comment

I think the seller did say it was from a Deluxe strat. I wasnt paying attention cuz I was busy verifying the guitar he was selling.

I thought the Deluxes have the offset neck bolt for more room on the higher frets

Comment

I think the seller did say it was from a Deluxe strat. I wasnt paying attention cuz I was busy verifying the guitar he was selling.

I thought the Deluxes have the offset neck bolt for more room on the higher frets
                        If it weren't lefty I'd say that was a MIM Deluxe Players Strat in Crimson Red Transparent... But I also don't think those had microtilt.
                        Mazi Bee Militia!
                        JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
                        PpP
                        My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

From looking on Ebay, I saw a 2000 delux with the normal symnetrical neck bolt pattern.

I wish I had money, I want to swap the parts from this guitar onto the body.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/msg/2205062083.html

Comment

Working...
                          X