Dating Kramer Guitars...

• Members

...and a Kramer expert will be able to tell from a number of visual clues. Sometimes it has been said that neckplates were just taken from a box so that guitars weren't actually built in numerical order. The headstock shape and logo are major factors and since they are mostly bolt-on necks one must look out for parts mutts.

• Members

No help, mine`s a F-6000. Serial starts with a B followed by 5 digits.

You can get a rough timeline on it although a picture of the neckplate would be of help...the F-series came out about 1987. Prior to that they were called 'Focus'. What you have is a Japan ESP. The only weak link there is the pickups.

Pic of neckplate would help though...if the neckplate is chrome then it is not original in my opinion.

• Members

The only way you could say 'upgrade to a Fender' to an '80s Kramer would be if it was a Striker or an Aerostar!
:cop:

If you live for hard rock, get a guitar made to rock hard. Kramer guitars are designed and built specifically for hard rock guitar players. They feature body design and construction, pickups, electronics and hardware for rock music. Some other guitars try to work for ALL kinds of music (country AND rock). That's impossible! Kramer does one thing and it does it well.

• Members

If you live for hard rock, get a guitar made to rock hard. Kramer guitars are designed and built specifically for hard rock guitar players. They feature body design and construction, pickups, electronics and hardware for rock music. Some other guitars try to work for ALL kinds of music (country AND rock). That's impossible! Kramer does one thing and it does it well.

You've never heard the single coils in a Pacer Deluxe...? The neck single and middle single (including the 'in-between' position) can do fantastic non-rock things...BRILLIANTLY

So...that's many, many things.

• Members

You've never heard the single coils in a Pacer Deluxe...? The neck single and middle single (including the 'in-between' position) can do fantastic non-rock things...BRILLIANTLY

So...that's many, many things.

You had to be around here years ago to get that joke....it's from when MusicYo started selling Kramer 3-packs for super cheap.

• Members

You had to be around here years ago to get that joke....it's from when MusicYo started selling Kramer 3-packs for super cheap.

I see...MusicYo...what a boon for marketing a brand!

pixelchemist's avatar is even weirder than mine...

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Serial #'s on these are hard to date.

pairofkramerstagemasters2.jpg

The black Stagemaster I is a prototype, as in, 1 off...............

prototypekramer2.jpg

The samon colored Stagemaster I is one of 2 built in that model and color. It was difficult to get the color right in the pics but it has a nice grain..........

samonkramer2.jpg

samonkramer1.jpg

Here's another "rare" Kramer. Steve Ripley Model.

EVH used this model on Top Jimmy............

ripleyguitar.jpg

ripleycontrols.jpg

ripleybody.jpg

ripleyheadstock.jpg

Archived