Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last two songs you learned or are learning?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claptons' version of Crossroads, and I Want You(she's so heavy) by the lads from Liverpool
    good transactions with dcindc, mindriot, 98 les paul, drawdeep and jelloman

Comment

Black Dog -- Led Zeppelin
      Black Fella, White Fella -- Warumpi Band

Both for my band.

...I Want You(she's so heavy) by the lads from Liverpool

I love playing the lead guitar bit on that song. It's a great riff.

Comment

Tobacco Road (SCOTS version)

Hit the Road Jack - Ray Charles
        NYC Americana

Comment

Desert Sessions - Like A Drug was the last song I learned, can't really think of what I learned before that recently.
          My tunes
          "Don't you know there ain't no devil? There's just god when he's drunk."

Comment

last tune in my fake book was.. Country girl by neil young... that is a beast of a tune in standard tuning...
            and A song for you ... Leon Russel another one with lots of weird chord shapes..
            Electric Cowbell.. meh...
            http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Scuzzo's Sound Clicks
            Mixed for Headphones only
            all pictures sound the same....
            The"Let Me Hear Your Original Works" please feel free to add your stuff..
            Funk
            Avaunt-Guard
            Blues
            Jazz

Comment

Comfortably Numb
              Sweet Child O Mine (a hell of a lot harder than I thought it would be!!)

Comment

Last 2 I learned were:
                Eternal Life by Jeff Buckley
                and
                Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

Currently working on:
                Space Truckin' by Deep Purple
                When I Paint My Masterpiece by The Band
                and
                West Coast by Coconut Records

Also working out drum parts for 7 of my buddy's original tunes.

Comment

Funny you ask. I just joined a classic soul/blues/rock band so I'm learning new tunes daily...

It Hurt So Bad - Susan Tedeschi
                  Hold On, I'm Coming - Sam & Dave

Fun stuff
                  A-traders: cbh5150, zuzuman, Bro Blue, mtrejo, robotechnology, jsonnenblick, Highway_61, digi, RUExp, cptnmayonnaise, egnorth, xnatex, hz1952, Metalhead Mike, ProjectX, Gearaholic, A3C, joemudge4, vangkm, Mr JinX, Tweedledee, Moon Shadow, luke978, zuzuman, guitarman_nebr, raine36, stevestevens, xtchc1978, symmetry2170, GW348, jforsythe, young_grandma(x2), gibsfend, ogreki11er, BigF, JEHA, Big Happy, DataDeluxeRev, SnoMan97, gripside80, blind radish, Phillbis, detranova, big Idiot, super56k, Advv

Comment

Suspicious Minds and Jailhouse Rock for an Elvis Fan's Bday party gig tomorrow.

Great fun songs to play
                    Korg Triton Extreme, Yamaha CP33, Vermona Lancet Mono, Voce V3, M Audio Venom
                    Carvin TL60t, G&L S500 tribute, Agile AL3010 > Carvin MTS Combo Korg AX3000G

Bus to Neptune
                    www.bustoneptune.com

Comment

Guns n Roses - You could be mine solo, nearly done
                      The Stumble - Peter Green

I try and learn two at the same time, I find when just working on one I lose a bit of focus, so its good to move onto the other for a break
                      2008 Fender American Standard Strat
                      1993 Ibanez RG470
                      Mesa Express 5:50
                      Marshall Class 5
                      POD HD300

Comment

Funny, I "just" started trying to learn songs/develop my ear. So I started easy, and still in the process:

Santana - Smooth and Black magic Woman.

Transcribe! is awesome
                        Originally Posted by Hopeless

I wouldn't recommend them for metal, but then I also wouldn't recommend playing metal.

Originally Posted by Django Sentenza

When you've founded an entire branch of science dedicated to quantifying taste, get back to me.

Comment

John Mayer's Vultures
                          Keith Urban's Long Hot Summer

Comment

"Lilac Wine" Jeff Buckley...done.

working on...

"My Sweet Lord" George Harrison. Better on the acoustic.
                            MIA Fender Strat / Gibson Les Paul Studio / Custom Telecaster / Washburn WI66 / Custom Stratocaster / Martin D15S / Guild D55 / Simon & Patrick Cedar

Comment

What are the last two songs you learned or are learning?

My 12 year old son have been learning these two songs together:

Zeppelin - Ten Years Gone. We've got the rhythm part down, but haven't started on the solo.

Killing Joke - Eighties. I am also learning the bass part for this.

Holy crap! Ten Years Gone is one that I've just been working on. I have it pretty much down except the middle part which I just haven't gotten around to figuring out yet. But it was one of those tunes where I heard it on the radio in the car and kinda walked in and figured it out in about 10 minutes.

It's just strange to me since I was gonna reply with that and there it is in the starting post. Weird.

Otherwise, I was kinda farting around with Hey Hey What Can I Do. I don't have a lot of time to learn new stuff these days so I'm just learning bits and pieces here and there.
                              Guitars: 1990ish Fender American Standard Strat,
                              Epiphone Sheraton II, Austin strat copy, mid-1930s Martin R-18

Amps: Fender Blues DeVille 4X10 tweed, 60s Ampeg Jet

Comment

We just did a very hard rock versions of
                                Status Quo-Pictures of Matchstick Men(in two steps down)
                                Rolling Stones-Jumpin' Jack Flash

Comment

Working...
                                X