Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one of these finishes do you prefer?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one of these finishes do you prefer?

I am going to get one of these, but I am having severe OCD about which finish I want. Maybe you guys can help?

Natural
    http://liveassets.rationalpathinc.netdna-cdn.com/usercontent/gear/2034045/p1_ume1kqggf_so.jpg

Sunburst
    http://static.weloveshopping.com/shop/client/000042/musicacumen/Gigmaster-Jazz.jpg
    Favorite Pup Builders: www.harmonicdesign.net, www.voodoopickups.com, www.lacemusic.com, www.tvjones.com, www.lollarguitars.com
    Favorite Parts Suppliers: www.mojotone.com, www.allparts.com
    Favorite Care Product: www.guitarscratchremover.com

I like burts.

EG
    We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

I am going to get one of these, but I am having severe OCD about which finish I want. Maybe you guys can help?

Natural
      http://liveassets.rationalpathinc.netdna-cdn.com/usercontent/gear/2034045/p1_ume1kqggf_so.jpg

Sunburst
      http://static.weloveshopping.com/shop/client/000042/musicacumen/Gigmaster-Jazz.jpg

Sunburst. gives it that classic, "classy" look.
      So many guitars, so little time

Comment

Ya, Burt's are cool

So many guitars, so little time

Comment

Burts hehe. Oops.
          Favorite Pup Builders: www.harmonicdesign.net, www.voodoopickups.com, www.lacemusic.com, www.tvjones.com, www.lollarguitars.com

Comment

I bet Ernie voted for the natural. He's such a card.

EG
            We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

Something about that burst bothers me. It's too circular or something. I prefer a tear drop burst, preferably two tone.
              Listen...

Comment

Yeah, it is definitely not a Gibson style burst that's for sure, but I don't mind it that much. I am however leaning more towards the Natural. They have a Ruby as well.
                Something about that burst bothers me. It's too circular or something. I prefer a tear drop burst, preferably two tone.

Comment

I like the natural finish. Blondes have more fun.

Comment

I'm generally not a big fan of bursts.

This is holding true here.

Natural. Or if the Ruby is the same color as the ones in the background of the natural one, that looks pretty tight.
                    Good trades/transactions with: DARKMETL/, L6Sguy, Freeridstylee, ck3, Solcat, dolflundgren, tweedledee, _pete_, rawk out, GibsonQC, strangegrey, tomh777, Brendan, Mike Fiasco, Yavin

Comment

I vote natural. The natural figuring of the wood on that guitar is just really nice and subtle. Sometimes less is more
                      Former gold medal winner, "Least Equipment on HCEG Forums"

Comment

Here is the Ruby.
                        http://liveassets.rationalpathinc.netdna-cdn.com/usercontent/gear/2816272/p1_uofdnnqay_so.jpg

I'm generally not a big fan of bursts.

This is holding true here.

Natural. Or if the Ruby is the same color as the ones in the background of the natural one, that looks pretty tight.

Comment

Close call for me, but I voted for the natural. But I'd be tempted to swap out that pg for something a bit less drab if I went with the natural. Maybe a tortoise?
                          A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                          HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                          Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                          I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Ruby

Comment

The burst does it for me, but they all look nice.
                              Father William.
                              Divinely Inspired.

Darkness doesn't look for victims, it looks for volunteers. - Armitage

Comment

Working...
                              X