Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The A bridge plate number is used on warranty cards over here when there is no other number on the guitar, but it can not be used to date a Fender Japan telecaster. I am always careful about what to pass off as fact when it comes to Fender Japan, been surprised far too often to even pretend to think I know what they did. Lots of conflicting info on the web so I`ll wait until somebody who actually worked for the company writes a book on the subject, till then it`s always a bit of a risk sifting through everything that gets said about Fender Japan on the internet to get to the real facts.
    The telecaster bought in `98 may have been sitting around for a couple of years by the time you got it, not that unusual...got my Buck Owens tele after it had been hanging in the local Rock Inn for a few years, I bought it once they put it on sale. In this Japanese city Fender Japan is not nearly as highly regarded as it is overseas, the new stuff just doesn`t seem to move from shops, the older models have been a little more popular but only after people overseas started showing an interest and THAT only after they woke up and discovered the early guitars can be great, doesn`t mean they all are but some are. Current FJs are built in at least 3 factories with another building basses according to the former manager at the Rock Inn shop, but he wouldn`t tell me which factories...corporate secrets and all that. So careful what you believe out there, theres a lot of stuff that just does not always match the Fender Japan guitars I own...and only one of those is CIJ, the rest are all older MIJs, my personal preference.
    it wasn`t me

Comment

Count me in, I've got a Blue Flower Tele, and I used to have a 52RI.

Will post pics when I get home.
      Edwards SA-125LTS
      Fender Standard Telecaster
      Epiphone '57 Les Paul Jr
      Hondo Explorer

Ceriatone 18W TMB EF86 (JJ's all round)
      VOX AC4TV
      Epiphone Valve Jr 112 Cab

Comment

In. Early 90's Foto Flame. ****************ty pic is ****************ty, sorry but it has a nice wine red burst color.

Comment

Wow, some truly beautiful guitars!

Does it count that I
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
          Hate is like taking poison, hoping the other guy gets sick.

How above being tricked are you? Take the test
          ---->
          HERE

Comment

My 2, both from the 80's the Jag was my first "good guitar" the tele is as rough as nails, but its fantastic to play, the vib through the neck is insane, you can tune it by the feel

member of the sg armyin alliance with the mazi bee militia"we rock the world"

Comment

Sign me up to the club ...

54 Strat Reissue Hardtail
              52 RI Blackguard
              89 MIJ Lake Placid Blue
              62 RI Tele Custom
              Thinline

5 + MIJ = Zen
              'Scuse meeee, while I zip my fly.
              ... and some Tele Trash

HCEG Good Trader | Good trades with Great Dane, Dash4814, Guitar Heel, tomh777, danotranto, surfn748, conky, Mark Nason

Comment

Also used to have a MIJ CAR Custom 62 RI Tele. My bass-playing second wife kept it when we separated ... still miss it.
                http://charlesshaarmurray.com/

Originally Posted by Spike

He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You Englishmen are all so ... bloody hell ... sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks ... oh no, I'm ENGLISH!

Originally Posted by Lucio

everyone has different gear and stuff like this tends to be quite subjective.

Originally Posted by Captain Jack Sparrow

Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness.

Honorary Granddaughter: FerdinandStrat

Comment

'92 hot rod reissue strat. Only strat for me.
                  Add Tag...

Comment

my Jag

Roland
                    Guitar's
                    G&L Comanche,ASAT Deluxe Semi H&Special,Invader,Legacy Dlx
                    Fender Strat CS ,Strat Hwy1,AM STD
                    Gretsch Setzer
                    AMP's
                    Mesa Boogie:MARK V,Recto
                    Axe-FX 2
                    Carvin V3M,VibroChamp
                    H&K Grandmeister 36
                    T21 Trademark10

Comment

Also used to have a MIJ CAR Custom 62 RI Tele. My bass-playing second wife kept it when we separated ... still miss it.

dude get yourself a Squier CVC. EVery bit as nice as the CIJ/and USA versions. $380 USD.

stuff:
                      52RI Tele
                      Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
                      more stuff:
                      65 Twin Reverb Reissue
                      Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

Anyone know if I can use an Allpart pickguard, 1-ply 8 hole, in a Fender ST-54 MIJ strat? Or do I need to have one custom made??

Comment

All my japanese fenders are E serial number Squiers.

My old favorite, a really cheap find (all beat up) but the neck is about done for, truss rod can't help it anymore. So I'm in the hunt for a new neck!!

No longer has the lace sensors, I use the Alnico 3's out of the new 50s CV Squiers.

This one is a great guitar, very good condition, and actually the best playing, but I can't get over the locking nut, and I can't get myself to mod the guitar because its in such nice condition, so its for sale!!

This is the only Fender I had and it played amazingly!! E serial number but the neck was a more contemporary style. Flatter radius, 22 frets, medium jumbos, and samller dots. Sold it because I felt the Kahler trem killed the sustain. The System One I feel is a much better design tonally.
                          www.codeblueohio.com
                          Member of The Squier Army
                          Good Deals: mfernan647, GAS KING

Comment

Anyone know where I can get a pickguard that will fit and line up correctly for a MIJ 54 strat, 1ply, 8 hole? Sign me up for "The

Comment

Wow, some truly beautiful guitars!

Does it count that I

Comment

Yup,I'm here too

Love the variations on a theme that they come up with.

Comment

• Working...
                                  X