Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion.....What is the best Tele-type guitar that can be picked up for <$300

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion.....What is the best Tele-type guitar that can be picked up for <$300

Educate me on what Telecaster type guitar, in terms of feel, and playability, that can be picked up (new or possibly used) for $300 or less, is an excellent value.

I have strats & a killer Les Paul..... but I really need a Tele for some twang..... but I gotta keep it in that $300 range. Any suggestions?

Feel a little funny admitting this, but since selling my '62 RI Tele, my Agile 630 is now my favorite.
    A-traders: cbh5150, zuzuman, Bro Blue, mtrejo, robotechnology, jsonnenblick, Highway_61, digi, RUExp, cptnmayonnaise, egnorth, xnatex, hz1952, Metalhead Mike, ProjectX, Gearaholic, A3C, joemudge4, vangkm, Mr JinX, Tweedledee, Moon Shadow, luke978, zuzuman, guitarman_nebr, raine36, stevestevens, xtchc1978, symmetry2170, GW348, jforsythe, young_grandma(x2), gibsfend, ogreki11er, BigF, JEHA, Big Happy, DataDeluxeRev, SnoMan97, gripside80, blind radish, Phillbis, detranova, big Idiot, super56k, Advv

Comment

Used MIM probably...?

Comment

Classic Vibe?
        href="http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=richey+lather" Good deals with: Mister Zero, homestar_kevin, Nomad000, ed_sped2, Jim Hunter, D34dBaWx, Vidiot72, ny300percentcom, bluedevil0204, PumpkinPieces, Silverring233, darkmonohue, diceman1000, sethseth, boonestunes, Shauggy, echobaseone, firebrand, Macelind, BloodBros, michaellambson, SunofNothing, jdpkeeper, sameoldbluesman, Shamdog, WBigsby, Mike Fiasco, Greystoke

Comment

Used Classic Vibe.
          Originally Posted by Jon Gnash

It says that he came from Sinai

Comment

Used G&L Tribute ASAT. I got mine with a G&L hard shell case for $300.

...it's the one in the middle.
            President and CEO of The Foundation Of Right
            Also President and CEO of The Foundation Of Wrong

Originally Posted by StankNasty

the dream isn't in your parents' basement

Comment

+1 for Squier Classic Vibe. I think they go for $350 new, but I got mine on sale for $250

Comment

I'd probably go with a used MIM too.

Comment

Headguitars body - $92 shipped (Ash/Alder/Mahogony or Basswood) http://cgi.ebay.com/Telecaster-Body-Your-Choice-Wood-/190496333396?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c5a77 5e54#ht_944wt_905
                  Mighty Mite neck - $89 shipped http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mighty-Mite-MM2905V-Telecaster-Replacement-VintageV-Neck-with-Maple-Fingerboard?sku=585045
                  Wilkinson Bridge - $19 (http://azguitarparts.com/bridges.html)
                  Rose Closeout Alba/Bourbon - $50 shipped (just bought some yesterday for this price....sent Ken and email regarding some closeouts and these are on their way)
                  CTS Pots / CRL switch - $20 (just about anywhere even your local GC)
                  Wilkinson Tuners - $20 (http://azguitarparts.com/machine.html)
                  Fender Bone nut - $6 (Local GC, and you get 2)
                  Strap buttons/neck plate/tele control plate input jack etc - $20-30 (just get jeff to rout the body for rear controls at no extra charge and ditch the plate)
                  Your time and effort to put everything together - FREE as it's a LOT of fun

So, the price is just a bit over $300 but only by $20-25.

Comment

The Squier Tele Custom II is a very versatile sounding guitar, well built and rugged.

OR

Starting at a $249.99 asking price, you could easily get 10% off of that.

They are a little darker sounding than your typical Tele since the wood is more "mahogany-like" i.e. Agathis and also the P-90s are a fuller somewhat less bright tone than typical Tele pickups, but this guitar still will get some nice twang tone with both p'up on but can also rock and sound pretty smooth from the neck.
                    A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                    HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                    Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                    I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Well, I'd go for the G&L Tribute too, although I'd be surprised if you could find many for 300 now. But I haven't looked lately.

Comment

used MIM, for sure

Comment

I love my Custom II but it really doesn't sound very Tele ish. I don't think you can find a better playing Tele for the price though, especially if you like the fatter gibson necks (non slim taper).
                          -=RIP "Norton"=-

Comment

Used Classic Vibe.

this. /
                            Add Tag...

Comment

Used MIM would be my go, you can get them ranging from $200 to $350 depending on the year and condition, and if it comes with a case.

Comment

Working...
                              X