FujiGen Les Paul's

scolfax

• Members

right, they have had their own brand for some time now in Japan. They make the History line for a Japanese chain of shops as well. I own one of each and they are exceptional guitars...my FGN is a BATT 20 from 2002, top of the line at the time...Honduras mahogany/Duncan p`ups/ MOP inlays. etc, and I got it used for about $600.00...one of my best deals ever. The History I have is harder to I.D. since there was no paper work but a shop manager from that chain told me it was from their first run...could be, but it is another great one. They also make the Cool-Z series for the same chain, lower priced but still very well made, I got one for $300.00 used but it still had the plastic.

Their high ends used to use the Timeless Timber for the tops and necks but in the 2011 catalog they are now saying they use Heritage Wood...I did a quick search on line once and didn`t come up with much info on that. They also have lower end series using the same FGN logo seen above, look nice and say MIJ on the back of the headstock but if I got one I`d get it used, much better bargains.

• Members

Made by Matsumoku or made by Fujigen?...thats the $64,000 question. Now the Fujigen line is easy to I.D. but decades back it is less so I think, some guys say they can tell the difference but I`m not sure where their info comes from or how they got it. Just stuff on the web eh.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

Hey guys I do have one.

FGN Neo Classic NCLC20E

t is LP Custom like, full mahogany, Ebony fretboard, gold hardware (Gotoh hi quality), big headstock, Duncan pickups SH1-SH4, circular frets, block inlays...

I use it since 2011. and must say it is really hi quality guitar, great tone, playability, built like tank, great top coat. I bought her in Bosnia brand new for around $1600. I know price may and do vary from continent to continent. I also used some other models as well, like their original design guitars and it showed me all are build very well. Little pricey but that is expected with quality products, and I understood there is only one FGN factory in the world that probably makes guitars bit more expensive.

Archived