1996 Gibson Les Paul on ebay

casey0028

• Members

Not a standard (no binding on body and fretboard are a dead giveaway). Tuners and pus are replacements. Given that you have essentially a 90s studio with at least some mods (and how well done needs to be addressed) I think the current price is about as much as that warrants (perhaps more than it warrants...) DISCLAIMER: I am not an LP expert!!!

• Members

I agree with Memphis Joe i don't think that is a standard..I don't see any binding that is normal on a Standard.It also has had Grovers put on it which to me is a plus but it doesn't appear to be a very neat job of it..I would research it heavily if i was you..I do believe it is a true Gibson but my question is what type..I'm not super knowledgeable about Les Pauls ..Hopefully someone will chime in that knows more..As for myself its a cool looking guitar but i would not pay over $800 for it...

• Members

Definitely a Studio Lite. In 1996, I went to my local Sam Ash weekly and played one just like it. It's not worth more than the bidding (at $738 as of writing this), as others have said. The mods make it undesirable for me. The stock pickups would have been better for metal, unless you're really into EMGs. I also don't like the look of the tuners, whether or not they are stable. However, those were nice guitars, and you don't often see blue Les Pauls. To me, that's the most valuable feature.

Archived