New Strat

sonicarchitect

• Members

I've been working on this on and off for a few months now, but tonight I finally finished. It was originally a tobacco sunburst Strat which I stripped down and refinished in honey shellac. The neck is stripped down to the raw maple, no lacquer or wax. Vintage Fender tuners, deluxe 2 point tremolo, Seymour Duncan lipstick tubes p/us, and the Fender mid boost circuit tucked away inside. I'm really happy with the way it looks and sounds. It's extremely versatile, and has a unique voice.

Now I'm going to put Radio City, Marquee Moon, Murray Street and Real Emotional Trash on heavy rotation and wail away. :p

• Members
Very cool man. You going to put the headstock stickers on or leave it as is?

Either way, looks awesome and HNGD!
:thu:

I'm not sure. Sanding the neck and headstock down to the bare wood meant sacrificing logos etc, but I really can't stand the feel of lacquer so it was worth doing. The raw maple is so beautiful and when properly sanded it feels amazing. I can't take credit for the finishing process though, my buddy Dan, an expert on all matters relating to wood took the lead. The job he did on the neck is sensational, it feels like glass.

I can't decide whether to replace the stickers or just leave it as is. Whaddya reckon?

Archived