Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the review...I was considering getting one of 4 guitars, an SX, an Agile AL-2000, a P90 Xaviere, or another project from GFS. This helps narrow my decision. I already crossed off the Agile because of the weight etc. and now the Xaviere because of the P90's.

I'm not a P90 guy as it is but i've always wanted to try em out.
    Pronounced: (zahn . tore)

My Happy Family consisting of:
    Carvin DC 127
    Dean Vendetta 2.0
    Dean VNXM 7 String
    BSX "The Beast"
    BSX GFS Custom V

Originally Posted by Reignman

Don't get me started.......

Axl Rose?.....I've taken wet ****************s more musical than him.

Comment

Cool. +1 on pickup heights.

Comment

Well I think I made my decision. I tried moving PUP height - up, down, in the middle it does not matter. The PUP's are OK clean - but put any kind of gain on it, and the PUP's sound like mud - especially the bridge PUP. It is going back. I think I can only get store credit - but I'm sending it back.

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
        My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

Good move.

That Rondo one looks really nice and I usually don't like their guitars.

When you buy a guitar like that you're being penny wise and pound foolish. Instead look to the used market and get something that is either a better guitar right out of the box or one that has decent hardware and electronics.

Comment

I too am having issues with one of these. I ordered one in sunburst and I'm very disappointed. Pickup issues, bad switch, unseated frets. I'm still going round and round with "customer service".
            The description on the website is this:
            "Our recent production run had a few too many small cosmetic defects- Just finish stuff- little bits of clear coat misapplied- a few sloppy areas- Really not a big deal. BUT- we were able to work with our partners to kick back enough money to BLOW these out!
            You
            good transactions with dcindc, mindriot, 98 les paul, drawdeep and jelloman

Comment

Sorry it was a bit of a mixed bag. If you really don't want to swap the pickups then you did the right thing sending it back.

I'm more interested in that goldtop Hamer you mentioned at the beginning. How much were they going for?

Comment

Sorry to hear that the pups just don't cut it. Store credit is better than an unplayed guitar taking up space, hope the return goes smoothly.
                Great transactions with: pan760, Unclemeat, adlo76, deadanddreaming, Woody_in_MN, Rose Pickups, Toshiro, BryanMichael, cbh5150, Rand-O-Monium, ugameus, jcm800stratman

"It's the internet, dude. We all make six figures, f*ck supermodels and drive 9 second Supras when we're not in here bitching about our MIM Strats." [flummox]

"Before you read this post, it should be noted that I f*cking love bunny rabbits." [CompleteGuitard]

Comment

Sounds like they have a crappy production facility cranking out blems
                  then trying to unload them in a coat of misleading info.
                  Not Cool.
                  60's Classic Vibe Jazz Bass
                  Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass
                  Acoustic B200/115
                  Sansamp DI/Boss TU-3
                  Marshall MGHDFX-100/a
                  Digitech RP-355

Comment

Yeah definitely.

I was actually just browsing the rondo site thinking about how much I wish they still had the GG1's and saw this guy

http://www.rondomusic.com/classicna.html

I like the wraparound on it

For under $150 new [not blems] that looks like a pretty sweet score.

I always look at a guitar from a construction POV. Woodworking, neck, frets, etc. Electronics are always a secondary consideration as I always seem to replace them anyway. I've not found many factory pups, etc. to my liking on expensive guitars and certainly wouldn't expect anything stellar on a cheap import.

That said, sorry to hear about your woes Woody. I seem to recall you were reluctant to order another GFS guitar as you've been disappointed in the past. Hope the store credit works out for you, but you will likely have to eat return shipping so maybe a pup swap, considered in that light, would be worth taking another look at if you are happy with the "guitar" part.

But if you don't bond, you don't bond.
                    -^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-

Comment

Sounds like they have a crappy production facility cranking out blems
                      then trying to unload them in a coat of misleading info.
                      Not Cool.

???

"I don't like the pickups" is hardly an indictment for misleading info. Sounds like the guitars was structurally as advertised.
                      Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

Rocking the spandex AND the depends!

Comment

???

"I don't like the pickups" is hardly an indictment for misleading info. Sounds like the guitars was structurally as advertised.

I think he's referring to my post in this thread...#20

Comment

I think he's referring to my post in this thread...#20

You are likely correct. Damn. I have had nothing but great service from GFS. For instance, I bought one of their super-wiring strat kits and received 2-way switches. They sent out the 3-way switches and I received them in two days. However, since about November, I have heard nothing but issues. I would hate to say Jay's company crumble under the weight of its own success. Maybe he has expanded too quickly?
                          Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

Rocking the spandex AND the depends!

Comment

You are likely correct. Damn. I have had nothing but great service from GFS. For instance, I bought one of their super-wiring strat kits and received 2-way switches. They sent out the 3-way switches and I received them in two days. However, since about November, I have heard nothing but issues. I would hate to say Jay's company crumble under the weight of its own success. Maybe he has expanded too quickly?

I have had very good experiences with them as well when buying pickups and parts.
                            With guitars, not so much. I've purchased four guitars from GFS. Two were pretty good.
                            The other two were not so good.

Comment

Sorry Woodrow!
                              ~Heel

Comment

Sorry it was a bit of a mixed bag. If you really don't want to swap the pickups then you did the right thing sending it back.

I'm more interested in that goldtop Hamer you mentioned at the beginning. How much were they going for?

WMS does a lot of blow outs on Hamers. From memory I think the Goldtop was around $200? It is this one...

GOOD DEALS WITH: ae3753, Buckethead99, CBH5150, DCinDC, Dogfish, Drawdeep, Drivelikejoewho, Duderanimous, Jelloman, Marc758, Newbuilder, Orion23, PunkKitty, Scottd23, tomh777, Weather.at.8, Xupernaut, Zemmy

SPAM: HOHNER TB1 - $225

MY MUSIC:
                                My Music Sampler

Originator of the "can I get free picks with that " phrase TM 2011

Originally Posted by Bob411

Nice ass Mrs. Woody.

Comment

Working...
                                X