Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Xaviere is attracting lots of pussy... (NGD Xaviere XV-610)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are a bigger man than I when it comes to adding kittehs to the household

Nice price! I have been eyeballing that particular model. How is the neck profile, and what is it about the Dream 180s that you don't care for?
    This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

Do want kittehs.

Noice purchase!

Anybody interested in used Xavieres: I may post a couple/few, due to my recent car-tastrophe, and the impending holiday, and the somewhat unexpected 50s tribute Goldtop (which may also be available). Watch my sig.
      Tauntr.com - Adding Insult to Everything!Neck Pocket Cavern Surveyor for the Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You club!"In all fairness, Les Pauls have a switch position labeled "Rhythm", while Strats do not, because they are lead guitars for lead guitarists." -Flatspotter

Comment

Nice looking guitar and an absolute steal at the price with the hard case. Maybe something to do with the good karma from taking the stray cat in?!
        Originally Posted by Cokeman

Those things are loud...even though they are unplugged and not being played!

Comment

You are a bigger man than I when it comes to adding kittehs to the household

Nice price! I have been eyeballing that particular model. How is the neck profile, and what is it about the Dream 180s that you don't care for?

I find the neck very comfortable. I can compare it directly to my 2009 MIM strat, which has a considerably less chunky neck. The xaviere's is beefier.

The dream 180s are very big, loud, and boomy sounding -- and in my three experiences with them, the bottom end doesn't want to give me a nice tight crunch when I lay on some OD. It seems to have a somewhat flubbier bottom end than I'm looking for. Others have found differently, so either I or they don't know how to describe what they're hearing very well. Probably I.

While I can certainly figure out HOW to install a push pull pot and coil split them, I hate soldering all those wires onto those really tiny tabs and have been considering opening the pickguard and just disconnecting the "humbucker mode" wires and closing it back up.
          -
          Spam:
          FS: none
          I'm a GOLD TRADER
          Good deals: rusholmeruffian, rrancani, JohnnyRaincheck, mhn433, super56k, wagdog, cratz2, rxkid75, teletaylor
          Shamelessness: I do illustration & graphic design by commission, check my blogfolio: -- Matt White's Art --

Comment

I find the neck very comfortable. I can compare it directly to my 2009 MIM strat, which has a considerably less chunky neck. The xaviere's is beefier.

The dream 180s are very big, loud, and boomy sounding -- and in my three experiences with them, the bottom end doesn't want to give me a nice tight crunch when I lay on some OD. It seems to have a somewhat flubbier bottom end than I'm looking for. Others have found differently, so either I or they don't know how to describe what they're hearing very well. Probably I.

While I can certainly figure out HOW to install a push pull pot and coil split them, I hate soldering all those wires onto those really tiny tabs and have been considering opening the pickguard and just disconnecting the "humbucker mode" wires and closing it back up.

Thanks for the reply, and now that you said the X neck is beefier than the MIM, you may have pushed me over the edge.

Thanks, dammit.

oke:
            This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

That really is a sweet looking guitar! Couple o tweeks and you'll have a keeper. Nice score!
              Good deals with: Alley Trash, Sheraton, Shred-O-holic, FckStick Jones, Verence, CiceroTjones, Dwellar, Cadillacman, FuzzyDXMG, TheBumRush, Mojambo, theincredible, cat five x2, Leer43, Zemmy

Comment

...been considering opening the pickguard and just disconnecting the "humbucker mode" wires and closing it back up.

FYI, It's not so much disconnecting that you need to do. You'll need to have both leads from the coil you want active connected [one to (+) and one to (-)]. AND if you simply just take the two leads that are currently wrapped together and ground them you will kill one coil, but it may not be the one you want.

Here's some background:

http://www.smitspickups.com/coiltapping.htm
                Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

Tele's have that effect.

NYC Americana

Comment

I want more pictures of the kittens!!!

Comment

thanks for the replies, guys, and I shoulda said "grounded" the wires rather than disconnect them, I wasn't thinknig. a good read there.

as for the kittens, here's one.

there are many more on various devices, I'll see about it once I stop feeling so lazy.
                      -
                      Spam:
                      I'm a GOLD TRADER
                      Good deals: rusholmeruffian, rrancani, JohnnyRaincheck, mhn433, super56k, wagdog, cratz2, rxkid75, teletaylor
                      Shamelessness: I do illustration & graphic design by commission, check my blogfolio: -- Matt White's Art --

Comment

btw anyone wanna trade the black tuners for chrome ones that'd fit? I don't really like the black tuner look.
                        -
                        Spam:
                        I'm a GOLD TRADER

Comment

just putting some random song thoughts down and this was recorded only with the new xaviere.

http://www.scumvalley.com/misc/hwsample.mp3

the dream 180s ain't bad, nice articulation/sparkle.
                          -
                          Spam:
                          I'm a GOLD TRADER

Comment

Great steal! The problems that needed fixed were no doubt doable... did you get everything taken care of? Is it still working out for you?

Say hello to your furry buddies for us.

Comment

Working...
                            X