Like aluminum foil on rabbit ears...

kulardenu

• Members

>> Like aluminum foil on rabbit ears...

Several times I've tried to put aluminium foil on rabbit ears, but the lil' bastards always started hopping around like mad when I tried to attach the foil. Anyway...

I actually like them all. I'm a fan of top hats, don't like the speed knobs. But I'm finding with my push pull pots that the top hats just aren't the best.

These work well for push-pull controls. Basically, speed knobs with a grip. If you want to do this on the cheap, just take a hot soldering iron with a pointed tip and gouge the speed knobs squarely on above each number.

41K6wluWnfL.jpg

• Members

Don't see any problem with them, but they can look bad if the user puts them on a guitar that they obviously clash with. I think they look nice on my Dano.

IMG_0029.jpg

I actually generally hate any of the black ones you have pictured on the left; top hat or speed knobs.

• Members

Don't see any problem with them, but they can look bad if the user puts them on a guitar that they obviously clash with. I think they look nice on my Dano.

IMG_0029.jpg

I actually generally hate any of the black ones you have pictured on the left; top hat or speed knobs.

DAMN that {censored} is hot.

• Members

Make em chrome for the win...

Now I know you're nuts.

Besides not even having numbers on them, making it more difficult to quickly set your level mid-song, those things look like the guitar equivalent of big chrome rims on a ghetto hoopty:

128641460_bfc11efaf5.jpg

• Members

Thos amber ones are so obviously plastic and stick out like crap on a nice guitar. At least every one I ever seen. You can spend 2k on a Gibby and then flaunt cheapie plastic knobs?
:facepalm:

You mean as opposed to expensive black plastic?

• Members

>> Like aluminum foil on rabbit ears...

Several times I've tried to put aluminium foil on rabbit ears, but the lil' bastards always started hopping around like mad when I tried to attach the foil. Anyway...

These work well for push-pull controls. Basically, speed knobs with a grip. If you want to do this on the cheap, just take a hot soldering iron with a pointed tip and gouge the speed knobs squarely on above each number.

41K6wluWnfL.jpg

I really dig the grippy speed knobs as seen by

• Members

Also I happen to be of the opinion that if you can PLAY no one gives a {censored} about your knobs, cable, nitro, or any of that other {censored}. They just want to hear you.

If you can't they still don't give a {censored}, they just want you to stop.

But {censored} it if you're gonna get all cork-sniffery about the knobs then just go big and insist that they absolutely MUST be made of platinum encrusted with diamonds or genuine african elephant tusk treated with the tears of a virgin.

• Members

But {censored} it if you're gonna get all cork-sniffery about the knobs then just go big and insist that they absolutely MUST be made of platinum encrusted with diamonds or genuine african elephant tusk treated with the tears of a virgin.

Pssh. Elephant tusk is for plebes. Mammoth or nothing.

Archived