edwards e-sa-125 lts vs gibson es-335? and sunburst vs cherry

Still.ill

• Members

http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/380414067/New-ESP-Edwards-E-SA-125-LTS-TSB-335-Dot-Inlay-OHSC.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Custom-Electric-Vintage-Sunburst/dp/B000WITG32/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1299443540&sr=8-2

so i have a choice between a $1280 dollar guitar and a guitar thats about $1400 more

.... now i hear the edwards has a slightly fatter neck than the 60's style gibby neck so thats drawing me toward the gibson... but then also against that is the fact that the gibson cost a lot more/might have sketchy QC

also.... sunburst or cherry? at first i thought i wanted cherry (after seeing back to the future with marty mcfly, you know)

but then after viewing this

[YOUTUBE]6SL0vFSYicU[/YOUTUBE]

im on the fence again

• Members

why

well for one i have this theory (probably 50% right) that if the guitar was really good the guy wouldn't sell it (regardless of his financial situation) an es-335 especially sell your strats first dude

also i don't like getting into bidding wars

• Members

I own the Edwards (E-SA-138ltc) and I personally think that it is put together just as well as the Gibson (maybe better) when looking inside the f holes. (kerfed lining, how the center block is sandwiched between the carved top and bottom etc...) Also, when played acoustically, it has better note separation and rings out more than the Gibson which is probably due to the solid woods. The pups are decent, but I changed mine to a PAF type to get the benefit of that note separation. I am not a fan of the Duncan Custom 5 or the Jazz, but the jazz isn't bad in this axe. If I didn't already have a PAF neck laying around, I would have left it in. Also, mine is nice and light, but I have heard some people saying that theirs was heavy.

If you plan on selling the guitar at a later time, you should consider a Gibson. If you plan on keeping the guitar, I think the Edwards is a no brainer.

Here are some crap photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13714104@N05/archives/date-posted/2011/02/22/

• Members

well for one i have this theory (probably 50% right) that if the guitar was really good the guy wouldn't sell it (regardless of his financial situation) an es-335 especially sell your strats first dude

also i don't like getting into bidding wars

well,that's a theory alright .

If it comes down to losing a house or selling a guitar,it's a no brainer

People sell great guitars all the time ,for lots of different reasons.

Doesn't matter the type of guitar,to some a strat is a better guitar than a 335.

you will miss out on a lot of options with that theory

• Members

is there anything wrong with the Duncan Custom 5? i thought it was a good pickup.... i'd like a slightly gainer 335 type sound for van halen type stuff

No, there is nothing at all wrong with the Custom 5, it is just a hotter pup and I like low output pups. For what you want to do Van Halen etc... the Custom 5 will be perfect.

• Members

well,that's a theory alright .

If it comes down to losing a house or selling a guitar,it's a no brainer

People sell great guitars all the time ,for lots of different reasons.

Doesn't matter the type of guitar,to some a strat is a better guitar than a 335.

you will miss out on a lot of options with that theory

Church. A lot of the gear I've owned has been used, and I've sold some great guitars because I found something I liked better and knew I wouldn't play it anymore. In fact, if we're talking about Gibson, I'd take a used over a new one any day of the week.

Archived