HNGD: Sparkly, Pearly, Neo-Firebird V content!

Malcolm Ramone

• Members

I GASsed over these Italia guitars, but only saw new ones listed for $549 and up. Then one day, this popped up for $399, free shipping, plus a Guitar Research soft case! Could not resist the GAS!!!:thu:

ItaliaModena1.jpg

ItaliaModena2.jpg

The Wilkinson pups are pretty hot, I'm really digging the neck pup. Set my gain at 1 1/2, just enough grit. I can also nail the guitar tone from Wire's Pink Flag in that zone. They do squeal if the gain is over 5, but plenty crunchy goodness! The trem is real simple, just a round bar that turns. Works well! I'm mighty pleased with it for the $. It was all gravy, except it arrived right as another auction was ending. I was working, but asked my wife to throw a bid on a natural fin Electromatic DC jet; almost a Malcolm Young. Oh well, maybe another time! -Adam

• Members

That's definitely one of their coolest models. I almost bought a Rimini but they changed from P-90s to mini-buckers on the new models and at the time I was looking into them and I really wanted a P-90 guitar then.

• Members

Sexy! The only thing I like more than green is green sparkles! Lovely!

Is the back of the neck pearly too?

HNGD!

Yes! The whole back of the guitar is pearly, including the body-shaped trem spring cover! Was playing along to Beatles For Sale today, does the clean jangly well too! Now, if I could find a deal like that on a Schecter Ultra III! :rawk: -Adam

Archived