Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Have A Swart?

I first learned of these when I saw Buddy Miller playing Robert Plant. He uses two 20 watt versions, I believe, and I've never heard a better sound at a live show before.
    It's like $850 for their entry level model shown above. 5 watts, 6L6 poer, tube rectified.
    Anybody here have one of these?

EG

Perhaps a better question for TGP...
    Geezer Brigade Member #350

Comment

Only heard of them ,have never seen one.

Comment

Perhaps a better question for TGP...

I can't go there anymore since I lost a malpractice case.

EG

Comment

Yes, on the end of my snose
          Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

Yes, on the end of my snose

You should have that looked at.

EG

Comment

i have the 20 watt version... the atomic space tone... bloody great amp

Comment

They were the flavor of the month over at the TGP for quite a while.

The cabinets are all Valco-influenced, but I think the circuits are more Fender Tweed derivative. Haven't had a chance to look at one myself yet.

Comment

According to the web site, they are a mix of a tweed and a Princeton circuit with some other mods.
                  The cabs do look cool with the lacquered tweed and all.
                  It's a lot of money for an amp, but I'm really tired of cheap small amps. I want a good small amp.

EG

Comment

I've never played one and they are a little out of my comfort zone for how much amp you are objectively getting, but I'd love to check one out. To be honest, I'm not sure exactly what their vibe is... I mean, how much they differ from, say, a 5E3. Added trem and reverb and the power tubes driven a bit harder?

On paper, they look like it would be almost ideal for me, but again... too much $$$.
                    Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

According to the web site, they are a mix of a tweed and a Princeton circuit with some other mods.
                      The cabs do look cool with the lacquered tweed and all.
                      It's a lot of money for an amp, but I'm really tired of cheap small amps. I want a good small amp.

EG

i'm not loving it with my les paul... unless it's cranked a bit... but i've hardly used the lp since i've had the amp...i need to spend a bit more time with them together.... .it's great with single coils

i love it.... but i wouldn't want it as my only amp.... i need an el84 amp too.... i returned my 65 amps lil elvis and got the swart... still not sure if i did the right thing... once i get something else from 65 amps i'll be sorted though

luckily a shop near me has a bunch of great amps... i took in one of my guitars and played through quite a few

i didn't play through the smaller swarts... although i've heard they're great

Comment

I do have a Swart.
                        On the end of my Dwick.
                        It's 4am woman make up your mind. EITHER SPIT IT OUT OR SWALLOW IT!!!

Comment

How would you compare the AST to a Tweed Deluxe or a Blackface Princeton? I mean, how it reacts... does it stay fairly clean up to like 8/10 or does it stop being clean around 5/10 and just get more compressed sounding? I know a lot of it would depend on the speaker and your playing style...
                          Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

i'm not loving it with my les paul... unless it's cranked a bit... but i've hardly used the lp since i've had the amp...i need to spend a bit more time with them together.... .it's great with single coils

i love it.... but i wouldn't want it as my only amp.... i need an el84 amp too.... i returned my 65 amps lil elvis and got the swart... still not sure if i did the right thing... once i get something else from 65 amps i'll be sorted though

luckily a shop near me has a bunch of great amps... i took in one of my guitars and played through quite a few

i didn't play through the smaller swarts... although i've heard they're great

I've read that an LP will push them pretty hard.
                            Sigh. Maybe I just need to find a Princeton.

EG

Comment

I did but I had it removed. It grew back and this time they burned it off. I think its gone for good now.

Comment

Working...
                              X