NGD~ Oh, Annie...!

GreatDane

• Members

i found this one through a friend of a friend of a friend (or something like that).

w61Gretsch6118-001.jpg

it's a very clean 1961 Gretsch 6118 Double Anniversary ("Double Annie") in two-tone green. All original except for the bridge and one pickup ring, and she's in incredible condition considering she's 50 freakin' years old. The action is nice and low, there's no binding "rot" (very common for vintage Gretsches), and everything works as it should (pots are a little scratchy). the pickups are pretty mellow in all but the bridge-treble position and then it's spanky as heck. i NEVER thought i'd be able to find/own a Gretsch this old and in this good of condition. what do you think? can you dig it?

w61Gretsch6118-003.jpg

w61Gretsch6118-004.jpg

w61Gretsch6118-005.jpg

w61Gretsch6118-006.jpg

w61Gretsch6118-007.jpg

w61Gretsch6118-009.jpg

w61Gretsch6118-012.jpg

w61Gretsch6118-016.jpg

w61Gretsch6118-021.jpg

UPDATE:

i quickly recorded a clip of the "double annie" in action while the kids slept earlier this afternoon. from the second i flipped on the amp to the time i bounced the audio was about ten minutes and no warm-up, so please go easy on me (a couple of really sloppy runs in particular are bugging me on playback).

http://soundclick.com/... DoubleAnnie

all tracks (three) were with the gretsch. the first lead track is the neck pickup (mud switch in center position) with only compression. the second lead is both pickups with a little compression and a tubescreamer. i hope you can appreciate.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

6 months ago might have looked at it and said meh, but my semi hollow body interests have started to peak lately for some reason, and that's a beaut. So yes i can indeed dig it, quite a lot infact. That's the sort of thing i'd have sitting in the lounge room so people could see it when they pop over. Almost like a piece of furniture.

Archived