NGD - Custom Shop Jackson SL2H

maltomario

• Members

Hey guys haven't been active here on forums much lately but wanted to share some good news - after almost 1 year of waiting, my custom shop jackson arrived. Its based on a Jackson SL2H, but with reverse headstock, white binding (not ivoroid), JB/'59 pups, snow white paint w/ silver+white ghost flames on body and headstock.

Kinda has that bucket head vibe going on. just need to find a red arcade button to use as a kill switch. :)

I opened the case to see that Mike Shannon and Pablo Santana both signed the CoA. In addition, Dan Lawrence (who painted the guitar) signed the back of guitar by the control cavity. Pretty awesome surprise!

Some pics for my friends:

5500076206_f788db92a8_b.jpg

5499481951_236d3d9906_b.jpg

5499482679_aa44924094_b.jpg

5500078186_9d0bf110b7_b.jpg

5500082126_acea72b0fd_b.jpg

5500080966_92f65fbaa0_b.jpg

WGF and her twin, BGF

5500080488_75438748a8_b.jpg

• Members

dammit mario, you retired BEFORE you got the chance to play that onstage?
:eek:

...I would have loved to see that under stage lighting...

yeah i know, right? When I ordered it, I was still happily playing in the band and didn't even consider that I would retire. Dealing with untrustworthy venue owners, flakey musicians, band drama, drunks and general scumbags in bars kinda took all the wind out of my sails.

Might play out again someday, but I will be setting my sights much higher.

• Members

ridiculously freakin' cool~ congratulations! seriously, that's amazing.

Thanks GD! thats a tremendous compliment! I tell you what though, this paint job is incredibly difficult to photograph. Pics do not really do it justice. Dan does some nice work!

• Members

that is one seriously gorgeous looking Jackson, well worth the wait I'm sure. Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks! This is my first CS jackson, so I didn't know what to expect. I've heard stories of people waiting 2yrs+ for their CS orders.. I got lucky.. Definitely worth the wait.

• Members

Hey Mario is that from the run over at the JCF? Looks better then the mock up if thats the guitar. Nice one congrats. Also how is the tone from your PC1's compared to the les paul ,are they close? Thanks and sweet axe.

• Members

Hey Mario is that from the run over at the JCF? Looks better then the mock up if thats the guitar. Nice one congrats. Also how is the tone from your PC1's compared to the les paul ,are they close? Thanks and sweet axe.

Yep from jcf. PC1 has a similar tone to les Paul's. Big ballsy, sweet and raunchy.. sustain. All there. One of these days I Will make a comparison video .

• Members

yeah i know, right? When I ordered it, I was still happily playing in the band and didn't even consider that I would retire. Dealing with untrustworthy venue owners, flakey musicians, band drama, drunks and general scumbags in bars kinda took all the wind out of my sails.

Might play out again someday, but I will be setting my sights much higher.

So, there is a way around all that?

Do tell.

Archived