PEAVEY WOLFGANG NECK

wooten

• Members

I have a wolfgang from around 98' (amber) and one from around 2000 (dark cherry). The neck's are definitely different sizes, with the '98 being thicker (which I prefer). Did they change measurements on those after a certain year? Thanks

• Members

I don't have anything to offer, but I must say as a sidebar that the Peavey Wolfgang guitar is the easiest guitar that
I
have ever played. That neck is perfect and I hope own one eventually.

This.:cool:

As to the OP, I haven't played many Wolfs other than the one I own, so I can't say whether the necks are different in size on each model. I will say my Wolfs neck is much thicker than my Musicman, which I love equally.:love: What I don't like about the Peavey is the location of the toggle switch. Makes tapping w/o changing the position of the switch difficult.

• Members

Thanks for the responses! The older model is about 5 1/4 in. around the neck at 12th fret (right on dots with strings on). The dark cherry (like the avatar above) is 5 1/8 in. Its an obvious difference when playing them. Tonight is the first time I actually measured. Who knows?

• Members

Having owned every US model from Standard to CS there were some necks very slightly different from the specs you would expect without holding one which can be said of any guitar though. I have never come across one that was drastically different, but based on exact specs some were a shade slimmer or chunkier but what year they were made did not play a part. Till this day the Peavey Wolfgang neck is the most perfect and comfortable neck I ever played. As far as Peavey and EBMM models go the Wolfgang has a 15" radius and the EB EVH/Axis a 10".

• Members

I've owned over a dozen Wolfgangs and I never noticed a difference in the necks. All were US models (Standards, Specials, and Flame Top Specials) from the late '90s-early '00s.

I have to go with this. I've probably played USA Peavey Wolfies made in every year of production and I've never noticed a difference in the necks. However, the MIK Wolfgang EXP had a VERY different neck.

Were either of yours used? Is it possible the black cherry 2000 had a fret level, knocking the height down a bit, thus making the neck feel thinner?

• Members

Got the 2000 new back in '01. The '98 off of ebay 4 or 5 years ago. You can tell just by looking. Just kind of odd. Hope the thicker one is what most of them are because it plays super easy and I'd like to get another one sometime! I measured again under strings between frets. Still a good 1/8 in. difference at 5th and 12th frets. Must just be one of those things, I guess. Thanks!

Archived