Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

You never know when you might want/need to play ...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You never know when you might want/need to play ...

... well, I don't, anyway.

Which is why
    http://charlesshaarmurray.com/

Originally Posted by Spike

He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You Englishmen are all so ... bloody hell ... sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks ... oh no, I'm ENGLISH!

Originally Posted by Lucio

everyone has different gear and stuff like this tends to be quite subjective.

Originally Posted by Captain Jack Sparrow

Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness.

Honorary Granddaughter: FerdinandStrat

... well, I don't, anyway.

Which is why

Comment

Oh ya, I have a pick in my wallet, and in my coat pocket always...
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      '94 Danelectro U-1
      '04 Tony Iommi Signature SG
      '66 Harmony Bobkat
      '75 Sorina Flying V

Comment

I'm with you on the plectrums - I've always got at least one in the matchbook/condom pocket of my jeans. Plus I've got a neat little keyring that holds a couple of them.

A capo? Well, it's not really a convenient size or shape to be carrying around. Plus the ones I like are quite expensive and I'd only lose it somewhere.

I have been playing a lot of finger-picking folk stuff recently that sounds much better capoed up though - this post has made me think about trying to find my old cheap capo to carry around with me this Summer - one of these - wouldn't take too much room in a pocket:

edit: Slide-wise - it's best for me to deliberately NOT take a slide out with me anywhere! My limited slide-skills need to be kept away from public performance until I've practiced a bit more. The few occasions when I have taken a slide out with me I've always come to regret the decision!

Comment

Freelove Freeway?
          My band:

http://lightbulbmomentband.com/

Follow me on twitter

Comment

pick in the wallet

fingers on hands on arms
            Rules for a Happy Life:
            Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
            I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.

Originally Posted by aenemated
            doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
            Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Comment

I don't use picks, just my fingers, so I always make sure I have those with me when I leave the house.
              Good transactions: warriorpoet, lowbrow, Puckman, BlackHatHunter, DracoAran, brianeharmonjr, natasmi, id-man, nbabmf, Splendor, angelhair0, d_dave_c, dcindc (x2), dogbone94, chiro972, coolwaterz, Radiohead, lol (x2), roadscholar, Hammer97e, teleman, torgeot, metalhead666666, zakadams, tincob, Doctor Morbius, HanSolo, danhauk, bennnintexas, Overwhelmed987, The Bear, 9-Pin-Phoenix, Dmerge, D34dBaWx, TomCray, Timmott, Tupelo Son, dogfish, ae3753, Gearhunter, virtuzoso, Meowy, RooSTER-b, mrbrown49

Comment

I always have a pick with me. Slide and capo? Nope.
                Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Plectrum in me pocket all the time. Never know when you might run across a guitar that needs played.

EG
                  We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

I always keep a couple of picks in my back pocket, only way I'll "remember" to bring any for practice or gigs

Comment

Always have picks and this tuner.

Planet Waves PW-CT-06 S.O.S. Guitar Tuner

Very handy
                      Campbell UK-1
                      http://www.campbellamerican.com/abou...erican_guitars

NEA Klon Klone
                      https://www.facebook.com/NatickElectricalApparatus

Best Guitar Cable money can buy GUITARTEC REPAIR at Barnstorm Music 98 Main St. (Rt. 109) Medway, MA 401 352-4653

Comment

• Working...
                        X