New pedal board video..

Mark Wein

I'm sure there is a ton of "better" stuff out there but this is what I've settled on for the time being for my working gigs...I'd love to make a smaller board of just the stuff I'd use for original or blues gigs....

[video=youtube;KqVerJbiaL4]

• Members

Nice demo Mark - I appreciate the insight on your rig. Here's mine - I'm debating on adding a phaser - just have never really had the need. My chorus is overkill for what I want - that Meleko has had my eye - compact and straight forward sound.

DSC_0003smaller.jpg

Nice demo Mark - I appreciate the insight on your rig. Here's mine - I'm debating on adding a phaser - just have never really had the need. My chorus is overkill for what I want - that Meleko has had my eye - compact and straight forward sound.

DSC_0003smaller.jpg

Thanks!

T=You have some cool stuff there. I bought the little Malekko at the same time that I bought the Omicron chorus from them but I sent it back...I might have gotten a bad one but it was really distorted sounding...

• Members

It may be because the audio isn't that good but seem like your missing reverb which would help a lot. It's kind of like your at one end or the other but don't have it perfect. Of course that may very well be because of the tunes you play isn't using it in that range.

It may be because the audio isn't that good but seem like your missing reverb which would help a lot. It's kind of like your at one end or the other but don't have it perfect. Of course that may very well be because of the tunes you play isn't using it in that range.

The video is pretty compressed so it kind of kills it a little....most of the rooms I play are pretty live so I've gotten out of the habit of having reverb going all the time unless it's for a specific sound like a surf gig or something more old school blues....can't find a verb I like in pedal form yet, though. When Kirk Fletcher was in our studio for a webcast last month he had some little boutique reverb that sounded great but I didn't get the name of it and I can't find it anywhere online...

Very cool pedalboard demo! I enjoyed it.

Some very rich warm overdrive tones you're getting.

This is one of the best pedalboard demos I've seen. And I've watched quite a few.

Thanks! I've been doing a series of blogs on my site about my return o the gigging life and I wanted to use this video for one of them...the cover band I play in plays pretty much every style in some way or another so I'm having to think my gear choices out in an almost OCD fashion right now...

• Members

Blues pedalboard = TS9 :D

Cool stuff though. Sometimes I wish I had the cash to get a tube amp and pedalboard rig again, but then I remember how much I was pulling my hair out finding the perfect pedals for everything.

Cool stuff though. Sometimes I wish I had the cash to get a tube amp and pedalboard rig again, but then I remember how much I was pulling my hair out finding the perfect pedals for everything.

Thanks :) The pedal thing is too easy to get obsessive about for me, too...I end up changing things around a couple of times a year...

Archived