BC Rich NJ Series value?

Woodshow

• Members

I'm trying to help a friend figure out what his guitar is worth before he makes a definite decision to sell it. Any of you guys know what this is worth? Some of the pictures are dark but you get the general idea. Also, if you can tell anything about the approximate year it was manufactured that would be great! I tried to look it up but could not find any mention of the B XXXX format on the serial number. In case you are wondering about the tag in the pics, he recently had it for sale at a local shop.

134.jpg

142.jpg

137.jpg

136.jpg

141.jpg

140.jpg

138.jpg

135.jpg

• Members

The GC in Manchester, CT has that exact guitar marked at $225. They were originally trying to get $300 for it, but as you can tell by the pic date they've had it since Nov 4th. I'm not sure when they dropped the price but you gotta imagine there's been a TON of traffic through that store in the past 4 months and they can't sell it.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-BC-RICH-NJ-SERIES-CREAM-USA-102709-105522151-i1571868.gc

• Members

I think I'm gonna suggest he hang on to it for a while. All of you have good points but I am more in line with TubeFox than anybody. It's a really good guitar and the right person could come along. He was wanting around $400 at first but that's obviously shooting for the stars. Meanwhile he should just enjoy playing it, even if it is just from time to time. Thanks everybody!

• Members

I had an '84 Bich NJ Series that I was fond of for a few years and then sold it and made a small profit from it back in 1988. It definitely had mojo and I wonder where that guitar is right now. I missed the guitar when I sold it and I saw the new (at the time) NJ Warlocks weren't much more than I sold my Bich for plus it came with the Floyd Rose licensed trem. Well this was before the internet and I never heard of the Classe Axe thing until years later as even once I ordered and received the Warlock I could tell it was made differently than the 84 Bich, as it felt cheaper and less like the Bich. I guess this story is to confirm the NJ Series made in Nagoya Japan are really special guitars.

• 9 years later...
  • Members

Hi folks, I have one with serial number B 4593 LA California U.S.A. and Floyd Rose Trem. what do you think I can get for it? Has some signs of use but has not been played for many years. Thanks for your help.

Greetings from Germany

• Members

Hi folks, I have one with serial number B 45XX LA California U.S.A. and Floyd Rose Trem. what do you think I can get for it? Has some signs of use but has not been played for many years. Thanks for your help.

Greetings from Germany

Archived