Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squire CV 60's Strat vs. Xaviere XV-870

Quick question here; in your most astute opinion, does the CV Stratocaster offer significantly more guitar-for-the-buck than the Xaviere XV-870, or is the XV-870 a better deal?

The thing I'd be most interested in is a stable and usable trem; something I could use
    I thought it was going to be different;It turned out to be(,) just the same.

without a doubt the Squier. its on par with a Fender, that particular model.
    "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

without a doubt the Squier. its on par with a Fender, that particular model.

Kinda figured as much; however, it is nearly double the price....is it worth twice as much?
      I thought it was going to be different;It turned out to be(,) just the same.

Comment

Kinda figured as much; however, it is nearly double the price....is it worth twice as much?

Absolutely.
        Good Deals w: MMcquain, brokenarrow5, freaksho, dandy13, murff, 1uncertain3, Jigowatt, WillPlayforFood, silverring233, tfancil, ATauO, thesense, adamsa, tlhamon

SPAM

Comment

yes.
          "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

Is this trick question or somethin'?

Comment

Is your playing worth less?
              Get the Squier.

Comment

The Squier CV series is one of those things that is just done right. Even compared to MIM Fender, Squier CV usually comes out on top.
                Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

No comparison...
                  ...when I'm 64...

Comment

I just got the pine bodied CV Tele and it's a great instrument...I bought it to practice on at home so I could leave my nicer instruments at work but the CV is so much fun to play and it's such a solid instrument that I've been taking it to work to teach on....it's not replacing my Suhrs anytime soon but the CV series gives you so much value for the money that I'd recommend it highly.

Pretty much anyone who has bought an instrument or parts from GFS over on my forum has gotten hosed the last few months. I don't think I'd take a chance on getting the cheaper instrument knowing that I had a high probability of it needing work or replacement right out of the box.
                    Vote for me on Truefire.coms "Next Top Guitar Instructor" contest
                    McFeely Custom Guitars Artist
                    MarkWein.com

Comment

Over at TDPRI, there is a guy who bought a new Xaviere and it had a fly or gnat under the finish and then finished over with amber and clear poly. It was the talk of the forum for a few days.
                      Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

Comment

Over at TDPRI, there is a guy who bought a new Xaviere and it had a fly or gnat under the finish and then finished over with amber and clear poly. It was the talk of the forum for a few days.

Thats pretty rad.
                        Vote for me on Truefire.coms "Next Top Guitar Instructor" contest
                        McFeely Custom Guitars Artist
                        MarkWein.com

Comment

Here is a link to the fly thread with pics http://www.tdpri.com/forum/other-guitars-other-instruments/261657-how-about-these-new-xavieres-guitarfetish-5.html
                          Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

Comment

Here is a link to the fly thread with pics http://www.tdpri.com/forum/other-guitars-other-instruments/261657-how-about-these-new-xavieres-guitarfetish-5.html

Wow. That thread makes not want to try out a Xaviere guitar. Some of them looked kinds cool. Makes you wonder how much you should believe those product descriptions...
                            Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Is this some kind of farce thread? Geez.

Comment

Working...
                              X