Music man reflex for $1099. what do you guys think?

poderoso

• Members

If found a music man reflex on guitar center's used store for $1099. I called the store and the guy gave me more info on this guitar. It comes with a hardcase, the tone knob is missing, the top is in decent condition with some swirls, but the back has horrible buckle rash. and he said that there is one scratch on the back where the paint is chipped off. But overall, he said that the guitar is in good shape(except for the back).

Ive been wanting to get my own reflex since i first layed my hands on one last year. But do you think its worth getting for the price and condition? Im gonna need to sell my mint condition music man axis SS though.

My fellow music man lovers, i wanna hear your thoughts!

• Members

Never played a Reflex so unless it's an amazing guitar and you don't care for your Axis that much I'd pass. Sounds like your taking a step down in condition to go sideways rather than upgrade.

you never played one???? it has that comfortable music man neck, parallel/series pickup configuration switch, hotter sounding pickups and aesthetics that look more like a metal guitar. As much as i love my axis, the reflex is just my dream guitar. But youre right. i need to think about this... ill be paying more than i paid for my axis to get this beat up reflex..

• Members

If you've been watching them generally and know this is a good price (I've no idea) then give it some serious think. It depends how you personally feel about condition issues. I can only add that my EBMM Silhouette came to me with a huge buckle rash mustache on the back, right through the paint, and I've now wuvved that guitar for 17 years. It is so mine. But paint and stuff doesn't concern me much on used guitars. So long as everything else is in order in terms of sound, feel, comfort, function etc. An immovable stripped bridge screw or bad truss will ruin my day long before buckle rash, but we're all different.

PS: I was looking into adding an Albert Lee to the stable recently and was unaware of the Reflex. Now that I've looked it up, thanks for adding another expensive geet to the list of things I want (while constantly talking about "thinning the herd".) :mad:

• Members

PS: I was looking into adding an Albert Lee to the stable recently and was unaware of the Reflex. Now that I've looked it up, thanks for adding another expensive geet to the list of things I want (while constantly talking about "thinning the herd".)
:mad:

the music man reflex is my dream guitar. i love the versatility of my music man axis and its really fun to play and all but the reflex has a couple more tricks up its sleeve compared to the axis. but i wouldnt spend $1995 on a guitar no matter how bad i want it. thats why im looking for it used. but yeah just to let you know, i passed on the deal and its still available on guitarcenter.com/used in case you want it. i just cant imagine paying $200 more than what i paid for a mint condition MM axis you know?

• Members

Not me. I would keep looking. Offer $700 if not walk.

if i could get it for $700 i wouldnt care if its scratched up all over but i dont think guitar center would let me take $400 off of what theyre selling it for.

• Members

Well if you're a gamblin' man I would sit on it. Guitar Center policy is that if the guitar doesn't sell in 90 days they lower the price. With all the stuff that has happened to that guitar, I don't see too many people going for a beat up wreck for 1k plus. That would give you enough time to save some dough and not lose a good Axis in the process. I don't see the Reflexes rushing out of Guitar center either. If it sells another one will come along that is better. Frank

• Members

For those not familiar with the Reflex it is the 25th anniversary guitar in a standard issue model and a hell of a great ax. I personally would pass at the moment since I think you would be giving up to much on your end, and wait for the right time or deal as they are not going anywhere.

• Members

The Reflex is awesome. I am very lucky and have a black reflex as well as a 25th. I love them both. I think The only way I would ditch one is if I could trade it for a EBMM trem guitar. I am really missing a trem.

i wish my axis had a trem so i could trade it for your black reflex:(

Archived