HCAG -- wtf?!?

bsman

• Members

I look at the top two threads in the amp forum, and both look like they could be on an Aryan Brotherhood website. WTF is going on there -- has it been taken over by rabid racists?!? :facepalm:

Whoops -- just realized my title is for the acoustic guitar forum -- sorry about that; those folks are alright...

• Members
I look at the top two threads in the amp forum, and both look like they could be on an Aryan Brotherhood website. WTF is going on there -- has it been taken over by rabid racists?!?
:facepalm:

Whoops -- just realized my title is for the acoustic guitar forum -- sorry about that; those folks are alright...

Wow, who would've thought the Acoustic folks would be so wack, I remember them being pretty cool.
Oh, HCAF! yeah, kinda par for the course...

:lol:

• Members

At Disney they have a minimum height requirement to go on some rides...in the Amp forum they have a maximum number of active brain cells requirement to post...if you exceed more than single digits in that regard, you're not supposed to make comments.

• Members

I went to check out the fuss. You guys are REALLY sensitive, those threads didn't get very bad at all. You should see some of the rowdier forums I frequent, makes MAPZ forum look like the acoustic guitar forum.

Perhaps the best part was Brocken Jr.'s insanely exaggerated reaction. DRAMA!

• Members

You only have to take a look at the avatars there to realise that half of the people there are probably, on average, aged 14, and the other half have an emotional age of that or less.

That thread is directly racist, and I am more disturbed by the failure of the moderators to act on it.

• Members

I went to check out the fuss. You guys are REALLY sensitive, those threads didn't get very bad at all. You should see some of the rowdier forums I frequent, makes MAPZ forum look like the acoustic guitar forum.

Perhaps the best part was Brocken Jr.'s insanely exaggerated reaction. DRAMA!

I'm going to guess you've never actually been a victim of racial harassment/discrimination yourself.

• Members

I'm going to guess you've never actually been a victim of racial harassment/discrimination yourself.

Could you show me the part where you were harassed or discriminated against? Being offended is one thing. Being sensitive and politically correct is another. The few actual inflammatory posts I even saw in that thread were made by minorities. You caught that right? Oh no, that's right. You called them racist and stormed off.

Again, show me the part where you were harassed and discriminated against, and then you can ask me if I've ever felt the same. Otherwise, adjust your crown, your royal highness of drama. You completely over-reacted.

P.S. - giving someone crap for BEING colored is discriminatory. NOT giving someone crap for doing something STUPID because they are colored is STUPID, and PC. I am against both of those actions, while you seem to be heavily in favor of the latter.

• Members

Again, show me the part where you were harassed and discriminated against, and then you can ask me if I've ever felt the same. Otherwise, adjust your crown, your royal highness of drama. You completely over-reacted.

P.S. - giving someone crap for BEING colored is discriminatory. NOT giving someone crap for doing something STUPID because they are colored is STUPID, and PC. I am against both of those actions, while you seem to be heavily in favor of the latter.

Um, "colored?"

:facepalm: Please don't bring that trash over here.

• Members

Um, "colored?"

:facepalm:
Please don't bring that trash over here.

Uhh, no offense intended sir. The posts in question were about a people's skin color. NOT about their race, heritage, nationality, preference in automobile, or favorite kind of ice cream. What word is better than "colored" to describe a group of people's color? If you know a better term please inform me. Otherwise you're adding your own intent and being PC, much as I was criticizing the other guy for, And for the record, I didn't bring ANYTHING "over here". OP did, and Broken immediately rushed over there looking to get offended.

And you now take issue with my using the word "colored" to describe a debate about the color of people.

Question - did you even take a minute to read the thread in question, or are you too reading this thread hoping to be offended as well? When I said colored, exactly which COLOR did you assume I meant? Go on, admit it to yourself at least. Therein lies the ACTUAL racism here, since I was speaking in general of ALL colors, as was the ORIGINAL laws being discussed in the AMP forum thread. It wasn't ABOUT a particular group of people at all. But you saw the word "colored" and you assumed it meant a particular people, DIDN'T you?

• Members

And you now take issue with my using the word "colored" to describe a debate about the color of people.

Question - did you even take a minute to read the thread in question, or are you too reading this thread hoping to be offended as well?

No, I take issue with the term "colored" as it carries much historical baggage and in this context is generally used by those who sympathize with a bygone era that was significant for its mistreatment of certain groups of people.

I have no desire to read the other thread because I don't go looking to "be offended" as you suggest.

Are you posting in defense of that thread which I have not read because you feel that HCAF is being unfairly maligned? I'm not looking to add to the pile-on in this thread but sometimes a man finds himself defending things he would rather not out of loyalty to his friends. I'm just trying to figure out your perspective here.

• Members

^ I read it, and added comments to the effect that they were a bunch of jerks. However, I made the mistake of using sentences with more than about four words, which I think was a bit beyond most of them, so was ignored.

It's interesting that neither the OP nor any of the other respondents seem to have even the slightest inkling that the reason WHY some ethnic minorities have a higher proportion of criminal records, could also relate to the problem of the state itself, the police and criminal justice system. Neither do any of them seem to have a very nuanced idea about the term 'race': as though it is an unquestionable category, rather than a description of cultural and political convenience.

Archived