NGD: Xaviere XV-585 BFG's x 2

IBDBB

• Members

Got the Cherry one a few months ago and the Aged Natural one a couple weeks ago from the "damaged" section. The Cherry one was also a "blem" that I think must be a blem because of the poorly matched top, doesn't bother me too much for now though, and because I have 2 I decided to swap the pickup in one of them so I put a power rails I had in my spare parts drawer. The other is stock. I think they both could benefit from new nuts and a bridge upgrade, but the rest seems pretty good.

I decided to get the 2nd one because I love the versatility of these. And, i'm only out about $200 for both of them, so that is always a plus :thu:

SDC14323.jpg' alt='>'>

SDC14319.jpg' alt='>'>

SDC14321.jpg' alt='>'>

SDC14330.jpg' alt='>'>

SDC14332.jpg' alt='>'>

SDC14334.jpg' alt='>'>

SDC14333.jpg' alt='>'>

SDC14342.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

If I ever see a blem orange going for a decent price and I have cash on hand, I'll totally nab it. Would match my band nicely, the other guitarist has the classic orange Gretsch thingie going on.

Thoughts on the stock pickups, sir?

• Members

If I ever see a blem orange going for a decent price and I have cash on hand, I'll totally nab it. Would match my band nicely, the other guitarist has the classic orange Gretsch thingie going on.

Thoughts on the stock pickups, sir?

I think they go well together. The p90 gets nice and mellow creamy, and the VEH can get hot and dirty.

Archived