Your best guitar is...

billybilly

• Members

What do you think your best guitar is? Is it the one with the best tone, the best neck? For me, it is the one that gives me the most inspiration, allows me to be creative and explore.

Recently, it's my new partscaster. I seem to be playing outside my normal box and am having a heap of fun.

How about you?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm consistently surprised by how well my Ibanez Artcore AF75 works in any given situation. It's not the most expensive guitar I own, but it's the best looking. The sound it makes might not immediately strike you as anything special, and yet it always seems to sit well in a band, or on a recording. I've owned it for five years now and the new-shiny has definitely worn off, and yet I seem to play it more and more.

• Members

I sold all of my other guitars after playing this and now have two of them. Best neck, great organic, woody tone, best sustain, lightest weight, great everything.

pr_xox_handle_f2.jpg&t=1&h=196&w=156&usg

Wow! Great guitar! Just goes to show that "wood" doesn't do a thing for an electric guitar.

• Members

My best guitar is my Martin (see sig), but both my electrics are good. The LP Junior is probably the better of the two - I use it more in our band. It has such a richness to its sound, and just does most things so well, despite only really being a basic pickup screwed onto a slab of wood. However, sometimes I find it gets a bit TOO dark or muddy in some situations, which is where the more razor sharp tele comes into play... there is actually a big difference between the two guitars, and I sometimes wonder about finding something to bridge the gap.

• Members

hmmmm depends on what I'm doing really.... but as far as all round guitar goes I have to go with this custom guitar my luthier friend of mine built for me.... the neck is based on my ES-137, Fender scale, Mahog/ Maple body, Maple neck with Ebony board and the Bigsby stays in tune nicely with the locking tuners and Graphtech saddles and nut...

162667_10150391213225565_609015564_17304

• Members

My Best guitar is a Bich!

bich1.jpg

Controls may look complicated but there are two coil taps , one phase, preamp neck, preamp bridge, can be played as a six or a ten string and the notes JUMP out with big harmonics. The neck has no heel and 24 Frets Gibson Scale wide 60's shape.

• Members

I sooooo wanted a ten string Bich about 20 years ago... I could still be tempted. Must avoid drinking wine while looking on ebay! ;)

My best? Or favourite?

Current faves are the '80s Tokai

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19879802@N00/5146437736/in/set-72157603366787045/

or the relic fake Strat

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19879802@N00/4834208073/in/set-72157603366787045/

My 'best' is probably the hollowbody PRS.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19879802@N00/4462483548/in/set-72157603366787045/

• Members

I've completely fallen in love with the Chordbender trem. It's the best of all worlds. So any guitar with a chordbender. I have recently built a partscaster that I love and had a Chordbender installed on it. After I built this I sold all of my other guitars except for a backup strat.

000_0011.jpg

000_0013.jpg

• Members

Probably a Michael Kelly Patriot Limited. Although lately I've been playing my LPs more often.

Cool, I just bought a Michael Kelly Phoenix.

I'm becoming more of a fender-type fan though, not that I buy fenders, but my best is this mighty mite build with ebony, swamp ash, telecaster pickup:

fenyfront.jpg

Archived