What Is The Most Expensive Production Guitar?

Elias Graves

• Members

DV016_Jpg_Large_513703.924_black-white-r

This was my first thought, but definitely made by hand.

Back when Guitar Player had GPTV up and running, they did a video review of this guitar. It got SLAMMED. All kinds of shit was broken (unintentionally), or didn't work well. Wasn't even well setup. It was a disaster. Thought that was hilarious.

• Members

• Members

I believe these are around $10K. Which probably makes them one of the more expensive production solidbodies - IMO archtops are a totally different ballgame. Where to draw the line at "custom" is tough. Most of the boutiques are really "one offs" and often made by one guy, so it's not really anything close to a factory - but they're based on a standard shape or whatever, not an "anything goes" thing.

jg_bm_9103_top.jpg

jg_bm_9103_side_r.jpg

These D'Pergos go at $6K+. I played a very early probably 6 or so years ago before the hype machine kicked in. I think they were going for around $3000 at the time.

0310_3213-lg.jpg

0310_3259-lg.jpg

• Members

These D'Pergos go at $6K+. I played a very early probably 6 or so years ago before the hype machine kicked in. I think they were going for around $3000 at the time.

0310_3213-lg.jpg

0310_3259-lg.jpg

Wow. $6000, and I would have thought it was an SX at a glance.

• Members

This was my first thought, but definitely made by hand.

Back when Guitar Player had GPTV up and running, they did a video review of this guitar. It got SLAMMED. All kinds of shit was broken (unintentionally), or
didn't work well
Wasn't even well setup
. It was
a disaster
. Thought that was hilarious.

Yes, true on all accounts, I had a good hour on one of these 25K replicas and I hated the way fender made this. Played like shit, didn't sound that great either, finishing mistakes all over it that were way off from teh original, the floyd wasn't set up right, intonation was WAY off. $25K for one of these is a joke, you see them on ebay now for 12K-16K. Still way too much for something that played like crap.

I built mine for $1200 in parts/materials and it blows the $25 replica guitar away in sound, playability AND looks. Took almsot 3 months to build as I took my time getting all the little details and relicing in. Here's the comparison pic. the $25K Fender on the left... my EVH build on the right, almost at it's completion.last year (needed neck relicing and cigarette burns)

24789_10150132267965263_624780262_115178

Archived