Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is The Most Expensive Production Guitar?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Martin D-100 has a list price of $109,999.00. It has a bit of bling:
    http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/choosing/guitars.php?p=c&g=4&m=D-100%20Deluxe
    <div class="signaturecontainer">I am not stupid, I just don't type very well.<br />
    <br />
    God created everything, including evolution.</div>

Comment

I believe these are around $10K. Which probably makes them one of the more expensive production solidbodies - IMO archtops are a totally different ballgame. Where to draw the line at "custom" is tough. Most of the boutiques are really "one offs" and often made by one guy, so it's not really anything close to a factory - but they're based on a standard shape or whatever, not an "anything goes" thing.

These D'Pergos go at $6K+. I played a very early probably 6 or so years ago before the hype machine kicked in. I think they were going for around $3000 at the time.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://8.14.112.20/bands/default.cfm?bandID=702186" target="_blank">My Soundclick</a><br />
      <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/Presc86" target="_blank">My YouTube Channels</a><br />
      <br />
      '01 Heritage H535<br />
      '05 USA G&amp;L Legacy<br />
      Taylor Big Baby</div>

Comment

Why not just make a ''guitars people never play'' thread .
        <div class="signaturecontainer">FS:<br />
        Agile AL-3000 Tobacco Burst w/HSC - $280 + half shipping cost</div>

Comment

the signed Gibson Les Paul Oxblood Jeff Beck models were going for around $30,000.

i believe they made 25 of them, that Jeff signed.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;If I would have known I was gonna hafta play this song for the rest of my life.........<br />
          I woulda wrote a better song &quot; <br />
          member Mazi Bee Militia<br />
          Talk Box Brigade<br />
          Gretsch Guards<br />
          Geezer Brigade #291</div>

Comment

MF tried to open a Chet Atkins summinoranutha at 25K. I think it bombed.
            Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...
            <div class="signaturecontainer">
            <div class="bbcode_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote">
            <div class="quote_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

Write Something...

Comment

These D'Pergos go at $6K+. I played a very early probably 6 or so years ago before the hype machine kicked in. I think they were going for around $3000 at the time.

Wow. $6000, and I would have thought it was an SX at a glance.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

This was my first thought, but definitely made by hand.

Back when Guitar Player had GPTV up and running, they did a video review of this guitar. It got SLAMMED. All kinds of **************** was broken (unintentionally), or didn't work well. Wasn't even well setup. It was a disaster. Thought that was hilarious.

Yes, true on all accounts, I had a good hour on one of these 25K replicas and I hated the way fender made this. Played like ****************, didn't sound that great either, finishing mistakes all over it that were way off from teh original, the floyd wasn't set up right, intonation was WAY off. $25K for one of these is a joke, you see them on ebay now for 12K-16K. Still way too much for something that played like crap.

I built mine for $1200 in parts/materials and it blows the $25 replica guitar away in sound, playability AND looks. Took almsot 3 months to build as I took my time getting all the little details and relicing in. Here's the comparison pic. the $25K Fender on the left... my EVH build on the right, almost at it's completion.last year (needed neck relicing and cigarette burns)

Comment

Ok I will.
                  __________________________________________________ _______

Editing sig from HTML too effing complicated. Thanks for the changes. http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...milies/mad.png

Comment

Here it is. :lol:

EG
                    We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

D'oh. I see Jkater did that.

EG
                      We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

Wow. $6000, and I would have thought it was an SX at a glance.

I don't know about an SX, I would say a Fender Custom Classic maybe. I got to see 3 of these guitars being setup by the shop I use for repairs, D' Pergo brings them down here (Mass.) to this shop for final setups. I asked the person setting it up how much that guitar on the bench cost and he said $7000.00, I thought to myself "who would pay that kind of money for 2 pieces of wood and 4 screws to hold it together?" I am glad I did not say it out loud as an employee who had brought the guitars to the shop was sitting nearby. I know that something is worth what people are willing to pay for it (they were all pre-sold by the way) but this seems a bit much.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with Uberthall.<br />
                        <br />
                        Excellence is achieved by the mastering of fundamentals. - Vince Lombardi</div>

Comment

With all that Brazilian rosewood and fossilized ivory, this should go in DocJeff's environmental disasters thread.

D
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">'99 Parker Fly Classic<br>'06 Gibson ES335 Dot<br>'01 Fender MIM Std Strat (w/ Lollars)<br>'03 Gretsch 6118-120T<br>'91 Fender Deluxe Strat Plus<br>'90 Fender Custom Shop Setneck Tele<br>'07 Xaviere XV-600<br>'10 Dreamcaster<br>'92 Gibson J150<br>Fender Evil Twin<br>Fender Pro Jr.<br>and a bunch o' other crap...</div>

Comment

I don't know about an SX, I would say a Fender Custom Classic maybe. I got to see 3 of these guitars being setup by the shop I use for repairs, D' Pergo brings them down here (Mass.) to this shop for final setups. I asked the person setting it up how much that guitar on the bench cost and he said $7000.00, I thought to myself "who would pay that kind of money for 2 pieces of wood and 4 screws to hold it together?" I am glad I did not say it out loud as an employee who had brought the guitars to the shop was sitting nearby. I know that something is worth what people are willing to pay for it (they were all pre-sold by the way) but this seems a bit much.

I would take the one I played over a Fender CS Strat - and at the time, the prices, which weren't that much more than Fender CS, made sense. It was awhile ago so my memory has faded a bit on the particulars, but I had just taken delivery on my G&L, which while certainly a very nice guitar, was no match for the D'Pergo. I'm all for high end stuff, but I find it pretty hard to justify $6000 for a Strat/Tele type. But if it really speaks to you and you're one of the lucky few who has the cash...I guess why not?
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://8.14.112.20/bands/default.cfm?bandID=702186" target="_blank">My Soundclick</a><br />
                            <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/Presc86" target="_blank">My YouTube Channels</a><br />
                            <br />
                            '01 Heritage H535<br />
                            '05 USA G&amp;L Legacy<br />
                            Taylor Big Baby</div>

Comment

Stop the insanity as everyone here knows for 2K tops you should get all the guitar you will ever need for a lifetime, and with all these outrageously priced guitars just trim away the hype, the artist cut, or the ridicules finish or relic job and you have just that-a 2K guitar.

Comment

And when these came out they were a paltry $25K

this is always such a joke. everything about it is the worst eyesore I've ever seen. you couldn't pay me to be seen with this, and some ****************ing idiot will pay $25k... I guess it doesn't have to be set up or play well because anyone who pays $25k for this ****************ing mess is an idiot anyway and won't know the difference.
                                <div class="signaturecontainer">-<br />
                                <b>Spam:</b><br />
                                <font face="Tahoma">FS: none</font><br />
                                I'm a <b><font color="SandyBrown">GOLD TRADER</font></b><br />
                                <font size="1"><font color="Purple"><b>Good deals:</b></font> rusholmeruffian, rrancani, JohnnyRaincheck, mhn433, super56k, wagdog, cratz2, rxkid75, teletaylor</font><br />
                                <font color="SlateGray"><b><font size="1">Shamelessness: I do illustration &amp; graphic design by commission, check my blogfolio: -- <a href="http://mattwhiteart.blogspot.com" target="_blank"><b>Matt White's Art</b> --</a> <br />
                                </font></b></font></div>

Comment

Working...
                                X