Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok is the Variax the future of guitars?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok is the Variax the future of guitars?

It looks like a heavy piece of equipment. I was told it's a modeling guitar of sort. I'm not too familiar with it. What's its other company competition if any? Or is it one of a kind at the moment? Are their prices worth it? I was looking for a lightweight guitar (under 5 pounds if possible), but if the Variax is worth looking into then I'll re-consider.

it's ok. a jack of all trades, master of none. fender tried to compete with it with their "VG Strat" a few years back but that was relatively short lived. i'd definitely play one before buying. 12 string mode is kind of neat for what it's worth.
    Video evidence of Yesticles playing live at Random (expletive deleted) Hole, Warren, MI on 11/2/2012.Free "music!"

Comment

NO
      “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching”
      Gerard Way

Comment

I got one a few years back, when they first came out. I don't know if they've improved them. It offers fair models, nothing spot-on. I use it now to record acoustic guitar on my home recordings. I wouldn't mind a Variax acoustic for recording if I could find one used, cheap.

Comment

No.

Variax has been around for years, and has its' fans, but a new, improved version will not set the world on fire.

Bottom line is (which has been proven time and time and time and time and...again) that guitar players want GUITARS that are simply GUITARS.

The future of the guitar IS the guitar.

Comment

It looks like a heavy piece of equipment. I was told it's a modeling guitar of sort. I'm not too familiar with it. What's its other company competition if any? Or is it one of a kind at the moment? Are their prices worth it? I was looking for a lightweight guitar (under 5 pounds if possible), but if the Variax is worth looking into then I'll re-consider.

I don't think so. I saw one only once with a band on a dvd. Never seen someone play one live.
            Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

NO

+1
              Guitars = Chick Magnet
              Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
              You do the math.

HCAG Civil Posters Society, Charter Member #002.
              Simple music is the hardest music to play and blues is simple music. - Albert Collins

Comment

No.

Variax has been around for years, and has its' fans, but a new, improved version will not set the world on fire.

Bottom line is (which has been proven time and time and time and time and...again) that guitar players want GUITARS that are simply GUITARS.

The future of the guitar IS the guitar.

You stop hitting those nails on the head right now, please.

Or we'll have nothing left to argue about.......
                Ant the Les Paul Lover!

Comment

Steve Howe was using one, at least for a while.
                  Geezer Brigade Member #350

Comment

I won't even get into how it sounds. I just didn't like the feel and how it played at all, so I placed it back on the wall.

Comment

I Thought Gibson's firebird x was the revolution, that was gonna change the way we look at guitars forever?

Im not too keen on the variax, although i wouldn't mind one of the new tyler models, i probably woulda picked one up by now if they did one with a maple fretboard at a quarter of the price. They are waaaay overpriced imo
                      Wanna See the Original 70s Fender Starcaster re-issued?
                      Sign the Petition!! link below (takes less than a minute, and its FREE! just skip the donation page) Do it!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fender70sstarcaster/

Thanks for all your support so far!
                      Signature count = 713!!! (26/Sept/2011)

Comment

No, it's not the future of guitars. It's a useful tool for some people, just as modeling amps are a useful tool for some people. But guitar players are very conservative about adopting new technology.
                        No sig.

Comment

Honestly, I think it is. It's definitely not there now, but in the future I see the guitar becoming more and more of an interface.

Comment

I have one. It is fun. But it has not replaced any of my main guitars that I use.
                            Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Comment

Honestly, I think it is. It's definitely not there now, but in the future I see the guitar becoming more and more of an interface.

In the 80's when synthesizers came out, people talked about how it was the future of music and the guitar was going to be history. Guitars will be here for a long while. Just like amps and tubes.
                              Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X