Oh shite: Peavey/Behringer Feud: it's ON

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't realize Behringer was ripping off other companies until I saw it on the Live Sound Forum a year or two ago. Those guys have been saying for years that Behringer is pulling this crap. I'm actually going to go over there and post this link, if it's not up already.

EDIT: I'm back. There is a thread on it. Apparently Mackie and Roland have also sued Behringer, but either lost the case or settled out of court.

• Members

I was going to say "about time", then I saw the article points out Peavey started legal action in 2009.

Peavey filed a suit in 2009, but just now filed a batch of new suits, in response to Behringer's recent suit. I think those Jerries are going to find Hartley Peavey a very difficult opponent.

• Members

The Behringer-related entities currently involved in these suits include: Music Group Services LU SARL, a corporation currently located on
Mauritius
(an island off the coast of Madagascar); Music Group Services US, Inc., a Washington state corporation; Behringer International GmbH, a German corporation; Behringer Holdings (PTE) Ltd., a Singapore company; Red Chip Company Ltd., a British
Virgin Islands
corporation; Behringer USA Inc., a Washington state corporation; and Behringer Spezielle Studiotechnik GmbH, a German corporation.

Tax havens? No wonder their stuff is so cheap. :cop:

• Members

I've not had good experiences with Peavey products.

EG

Weird. I have 4 guitars (T-60, Predator Strat, T-40 bass, and Fury bass, all USA), a 5-channel 130W PA amp, and an 8-channel mixing board (and used to own a second, bigger, mixer), and haven't had any problems to speak of.

The Strat tuners have a little play, but that's about the worst I could say of any of it, other than it's not sexy/cool, which has pretty much always been the case with Peavey, with the exception of their EVH-related gear.

• Members

I agree, Peavey makes excellent products. There guitars and amps are excellent, escpecially the old EVH stuff.

Also, for one poster above, just about everything Behringer does is a ripp off of another companies design. It is the new German way.

P.S. I am German so none of the racist {censored}.

• Members

It's about time. Hartley isn't a guy I'd want to mess with. He runs a great company. I don't love all of Peavey's gear...but most of their amps and PA gear are outstanding! It's no secret around here that I'm not a fan of Behringer for the very reasons that Peavey states in this press release. I hope they nail Behringer to the wall...:thu: If Behringer wants to make lower-end gear, that's just fine...but come up with your own designs! At least make it look like you are trying! :facepalm:

• Members

I've owned all kinds of Peavey gear over the past 20+ years, most of it being "good enough" and sometimes fantastic, but product quality isn't the issue here. Behringer has been ripping off other manufacturers' designs for years, and seem to think that this somehow goes unnoticed. If they were making significant improvements to existing products, and paying for the license to use those existing designs, it would be different. Frankly, I'm somewhat surprised that so many big-name retailers continue to sell Behringer products.

• Members

Also, for one poster above, just about everything Behringer does is a ripp off of another companies design. It is the new German way.

P.S. I am German so none of the racist {censored}.

And just for those who don't know me, my use of "Jerries" for "Germans" wasn't meant derogatorily, as I am almost entirely of German descent myself (last name: Kruger; last names of others I'm in direct descent of, in 2 preceding generations: Muller, Schnake, Wolf).

Archived