Own up - Whats your secret guilty pleasure?

knotty

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

im well past the point of caring what the public thinks of my musical selection... every thing i listen to hold some validity to me.. its all good... even the really bad..

big fan of Bork, Garbage, Luscious Jackson, Lyle Lovette, Annie Lenox, No Doubt, dont really have a musical guilty pleasure... dont believe in them..

• Members

I like Duran Duran too which is funny because back in the day it was pretty much a license to an ass kicking to admit that. :lol:

I also love old Chicago, stuff like Saturday in the Park just brings back a lot of memories.

• Members

I don't hide my guilty pleasures. I like what I like and {censored} people who think it's cheesy. For me there are only 2 types of music...good and bad. And even then "bad" music isn't bad music...it's just music I don't like.

But not to be too much of a kill joy...cause I do understand what you're asking...here's a couple of songs I could never admit to friends I liked when I was a kid because it wasn't "cool". Being primarily into metal most of my friends just couldn't get it. But has since made me realize how many different kinds of music I was into as a kid compared to the rest of my friends.

[video=youtube;8s8l75Oxf1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s8l75Oxf1U

[video=youtube;oJYRtOPUonA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYRtOPUonA

[video=youtube;7UrueP3aM40]

• Members

I like a wide variety of stuff, so I don't have anything that I would consider a "guilty pleasure".

That being said, amongst all the doom/death/blues/rock/etc., I've become a fan of Rihanna. Sounds crazy, but along with being smoking hot, I just find the sound of her singing voice irresistible.

• Members

I personally object to the idea of music as a "guilty pleasure," as it implies you should feel guilty about what you like. It seems like the term "guilty pleasure" should be reserved for things that you actually should feel guilty about, like doing cocaine off a waitress' tits in a Chuck E. Cheese bathroom.

But, to answer the question, Avenged Sevenfold's third album. I have a soft spot for awesome guitar melodies, which that album has enough of to compensate for it's kind of crappy lyrics.

• Members

Billy Joel, Boz Scaggs, Jackson Browne, and Elton John aren't guilty pleasures, they are the {censored}. Mine and Avenged Sevenfold are the only real ones so far. I like Madonna's "Don't tell me" (the country type one that got overplayed), and I'm even not ashamed of that

• Members

I have to say i watched a little of the Lady Gaga concert from the Garden on HBO the other night and I must admit i got sucked in, she kept me watching...she even let out a couple of F-bombs to get the crowd going.....they also showed her doing an acapella warmup with her backup singers backstage tha was pretty impressive, that girl can sing and dance.

• Members

As of late, watching vids of bands I liked in grade school has been tickling my fancy. I have a lot of VERY VERY guilty pleasures:

[video=youtube;yChKhYqWnfk]

Also:

[video=youtube;jRGrNDV2mKc]

And finally, unquestionably the WORST of them all, but dammit, this {censored} jammed in 7th grade:

[video=youtube;ZpUYjpKg9KY]

As if that weren't bad enough, I actually like this next one whole-heartedly in a non lulz kind of way. I even think the video is neat. Not the best lyrics, but dammit, I love this song:

[video=youtube;qex0OjXolzc]

So I guess my guiltiest weakness is that Family Values rock. :facepalm:

• Members

I like to create {censored}y, formulaic electronica. Your basic "OOMPH! OOMPH! OOMPH! OOMPH!" kick drum, cheesy-ass dweedly "epic" arpeggios, and cliched syncopated bass line with plenty of filter knob tweaking.

It's not a style of music I know anything about, listen to regularly, or honestly even LIKE all that much, but I do find it fun to make.

Archived