Show me your "Jazz" guitars

mnewb1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well...I just picked this up. Does it qualify?

Jay Turser ES-335 copy

Jay%20Turser%20semi-acoustic%20-%201.JPG

Right now it has roundwounds on it but soon it will have flatwounds for that jazz tone. :love: I also play through a vintage Roland Cube 60 (orange tolex). That also yields a nice clean jazz sound.

• Members

Well, I play a little bit of everything on this axe including more modern jazz (Scofield, Metheny, etc). Luna Athena with custom humbuckers wound by Terry Kuntz (Bug T) in Little Rock, Arkansas. Its a thinline construction rather than the traditional semi hollow construction and as such leans far more to the solid body end of the spectrum than hollow but I really like this guitar. Full review here.

40513_418393461654_52247336654_4935324_5

• Members

When I was playing jazz from the 30's-50's, these are what I was using...

1964 super 400 CES-C

oldgibsones1.jpg

Custom Shop Gibson ES-355 one-off from 1969

lespaul_es335.jpg

Gibson CS 356F-59

gb_356_cs30284_top.jpg

Adamas Prototype Single cutaway 1979

diezel_ovation1.jpg

• Members

I don't (can't) play jazz, or much of anything else these days, but I still have a few relics laying around the place...

Image1-1.jpg

Don't have the orange AF anymore, but the yellow and green guitars are still with me..

THREEJAZZBOXES6.jpg

Not a good headstock, but I kind of like the rest of it....

FinishedJBD-16001000pix.jpg

• Members

I use these interchangably. The Newport and tele have a bit more bite and slightly less bass than the Ibanez and i often like that extra definition. They all sound fine for the job, but I guess you could say that the Ibanez is more idiomatically correct. I use 10-46 roundwounds on all of them btw

newport001.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

• Members

I actually like the jazzy tone from my Schecter C1 Plus with SD Jazz & JB's, but if you want guitars that look like a jazz box:

ARTCORES1.JPG

ARTCORES2.JPG

I actually sold the red artcore to a very nice girl in town. The blue one has been previously owned by members Rooster, and Zemmy.

Archived