May Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction. :rolleyes:

The RULES:

1) NO CRAIGSLIST POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

2) NO WHINING ABOUT DISCUSSIONS IN THE THREAD!

Last month we tried a separate discussion thread, but it's just too cumbersome to have a separate thread, so there won't be one anymore.

From my observations, the majority of people like to talk about the deals in order to decide if they want to buy something. There's typically just a few loud members constantly complaining about the discussions. As long as the discussions are related to the item in question, then the discussion can stay in this thread. If someone starts whining and causes a big flame war about "too much talking" they are going to get a temp ban. Everybody participating in any flame war in this thread will get a temp ban. Just behave yourselves! There is more to life than this internet thready thing.

3) All new deals must be posted in RED! Or at least the TITLE OF THE DEAL.

That will help people be able to filter though the pages of discussion and the actual deal posts will pop right out.

4) Your personal SPAM is not allowed in this thread. If you post SPAM in here, you will get a temp ban. Then no one will be able to buy your crappy gear.

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

And as, alway: there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a seperate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^ Yeah, Bob, I think these were sold in pink and ivory, but it seems they only have the black ones left, are are trying to get rid of them.

Again, not visually my style, and I never got on with Floyds, and if they have a painfully thin neck, then it's a deal breaker, but damn, the features...not to mention a compound radius fb to boot.

• Members

Very, very hard. Real Duncans, I think a real Floyd too. Click on "view full details", and the pictures are pink, not black???

Korean Floyd. Supposed to be the same as the 'real' Floyd, just made in Korea instead of Germany.

• Members

I briefly had a DK2M that was OK except for the thin neck, but did not have the compound radius. Wonder if the neck carve is pretty much the same...

EDIT: I guess the DK2M DOES have a compound radius, just flatter overal (starts at 14 instead of 12).

• Members

canada
:(
we miss out on so many great deals :'(

If you live near the US/Canada border....do a little driving.....many shipping depots located just on US side...have it sent there and drive and bring into Canada yourself.:thu:

• Members

AXL Marquee SRO - $96 shipped at Amazon

31yVptzxAaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've seen this for less but this is still a good deal. I have one and after it's set up, it's a great playing guitar. The stock pickups are decent. I installed a Wilkinson trem in mine. You don't have to do it but it made a big difference. This has become one of my favorite cheap guitars.

4 left as of this posting so get one while you can.

• Members

incoming colostomy bag story by Kwad hahaha, he just LOVESSSSS goingtoday.com

Wait...Do they have the colostomy bags back again? If they do, don't miss them. High quality and you can't beat the price for colostomy bags with a musical clef printed on them!

As for the Snark tuner...Great great tuner, but you can get it from Amazon shipped for less from a third party seller. ~$11 shipped from a third party seller, or even less shipped directly from Amazon if you have Prime.

So thumbs up on GoingToday's colostomy bags (apparently sold out already), thumbs down on the Snark tuner (too expensive).

• Members

For everyone that was able to snag one of the Jackson RR5FR guitars on Sunday I noticed that the shipping weight from UPS is over 30 pounds. I hope that means the guitar is coming with the hardshell case. Seems like half the sites said it came with a hardshell case, and the other half said it was optional. If the case is included then that just makes this deal even better.

It's going to be a long day tomorrow waiting for UPS to show up. ;)

• Members

For everyone that was able to snag one of the Jackson RR5FR guitars on Sunday I noticed that the shipping weight from UPS is over 30 pounds. I hope that means the guitar is coming with the hardshell case. Seems like half the sites said it came with a hardshell case, and the other half said it was optional. If the case is included then that just makes this deal even better.

It's going to be a long day tomorrow waiting for UPS to show up.
;)

Mine is showing over 30 lbs as well. I am counting on the case, was watching this guitar before it became a Stupid Deal of the Day and it listed the case as being included. For some strange reason the case was not listed on the Stupid Deal Day.

Archived