You can call me Jay, you can call me Jay T, just don't call me cheap!

HanSolo

• Members

I sold off a bunch of my cheap guitars and vowed I would never roll around in the gutter with cheap guitars ... as often! One I sold was a cherry sunburst Aslin Dane (aka Jay Turser) Tele flametop that was just awesome. I bought it from a forumite and rewired it. It was such a nice player that I missed it the minute the guy walked out the door with it!

I jumped on a deal on a similar JTLT Dlx on Amazon (hats off to the great deals thread!) but in a natural flametop finish. Double bound, multi-piece back ( the one I sold had a sunburst veneer back!) but plays as stellar as the one I sold.

1000047d.jpg

1000049j.jpg

http:

• Members

That looks like a really nice guitar! Congrats! :thu:

I have two Tursers. An ES-335 style semi-hollow and an LP Studio style solid body guitar. I paid hardly anything for them and they play and sound pretty good. I haver never modified them or swapped pickups yet people often comment on how good they sound.

• Members

Kitty approves :thu:

3791559325_9482fe5108.jpg

Note to OP (and anyone with this model): In my experience, the bridge on these is positioned in such a way that it makes it nearly impossible to upgrade. I've tried 3 or 4 different makes & none of them line up properly. I ended up modifying the Turser base plate to accept 3-barrel saddles off of a Wilkinson b/c I had a problem with the stock high E saddle 'snapping' on every up-stroke.

• Members

Kitty approves
:thu:

3791559325_9482fe5108.jpg

Note to OP (and anyone with this model): In my experience, the bridge on these is positioned in such a way that it makes it nearly impossible to upgrade. I've tried 3 or 4 different makes & none of them line up properly. I ended up modifying the Turser base plate to accept 3-barrel saddles off of a Wilkinson b/c I had a problem with the stock high E saddle 'snapping' on every up-stroke.

interesting...The Turser Paisley model came with a 3 saddle bridge. I replaced it with a Fender vintage bridge plate because the pickup mounting holes on the Turser plate were spaced narrower than standard Fender. The Fender plate was a perfect fit though...:freak:

• Members

interesting...The Turser Paisley model came with a 3 saddle bridge. I replaced it with a Fender vintage bridge plate because the pickup mounting holes on the Turser plate were spaced narrower than standard Fender. The Fender plate was a perfect fit though...
:freak:

It must be b/c mine is an older model or something...

The problem is that the string-through holes are WAAAAY farther back (relative to the pickup location) on the Turser Vs. any other bridge that I tried. Also, a friend of mine had a Turser Tele at the time & his had the same problem... Maybe they've fixed it since :idk:

Archived