Peavy JF-1 EX

Spirithawk

• Members

I just learned something about my Peavy JF-1 EX. I had thought it a semi-hollowbody but come to find out it is actually a true hollow body.No center wood strip. Peavy tells me it's the only true hollow body, made by anyone, in it's price range.

pf12.jpg

• Members

I mentioned in my other thread about budget jazz boxes that I'd played one of these in a guitar shop a few months back. It was a black one. The finish was pretty lame, was awfully dull, but the neck, the sound, what I could tell about the hardware, just the general feel of that particular guitar ... and I know when you're dealing with budget guitars, there's inconsistency, some are pearls and some are swine; the point being that you might find another one at another shop 500 miles away that was dog ca-ca ... was simply amazing for a $300 price tag.

• Members

Easy way to found out for sure. Just stick a small mirror in the f hole and have a look, or pop out one of the pups.

I'll bet there's at least a block under the bridge and tail though.

Yep, goes to show you can't always believe what their reps tell ya. It is definitely a semi-hollow body. Strip right down the middle! I thought it too heavy to be completely hollow. Still love it though. ;)

• Members

Yep, goes to show you can't always believe what their reps tell ya. It is definitely a semi-hollow body. Strip right down the middle! I thought it too heavy to be completely hollow.
Still love it though.
;)

As you should! :thu:

Actually you are probably better off that way. You still get some of the woody hollow body tone, but don't have to worry about feedback nearly as much.

• Members

As you should!
:thu:

Actually you are probably better off that way. You still get some of the woody hollow body tone, but don't have to worry about feedback nearly as much.

Thanks, been playing a lot of Tom Petty, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Eagles, Classic Rock in general and so far no real hint of feedback.

• Members

Those Peaveys look like really good guitars. I had a Jay Turser hollowbody similar to your Peavey many years ago. The model number escapes me and it was quite ornate with a double cutaway bound body and headstock and really nice inlays on the neck. It also had gold hardware and was tobacco sunburst. It did feedback however so off it went. :( It looked more expensive than the $240 I paid for it at the time.

Your Peavey sounds like a heck of a deal and I love the look of yours. :love:

I bet it sounds creamy...:D

• Members

Those Peaveys look like really good guitars. I had a Jay Turser hollowbody similar to your Peavey many years ago. The model number escapes me and it was quite ornate with a double cutaway bound body and headstock and really nice inlays on the neck. It also had gold hardware and was tobacco sunburst. It did feedback however so off it went.
:(
It looked more expensive than the $240 I paid for it at the time.

Your Peavey sounds like a heck of a deal and I love the look of yours.
:love:

I bet it sounds creamy...
:D

Thanks bunches, what I love most about this guitar is the way it plays and sounds. My son has one in red and it plays and sounds awesome too. I do recomend a good set up but man they then put the sugar in SWEET! The PF-1 is a real sleeper and well worth giving a try. Try one and it most likely will go home with you. ;)

Archived