So....my wife wants to buy me a Warlock guitar....

y2kgtp

• Members

:facepalm:

She was a huge Lita Ford fan and also played a Warlock Bass years ago as a kid. I really don't care for them much, but I guess this one would look ok hanging up on the wall at least? Better than plain black or red IMO I guess...

rwgtphr6aecd1a6746720f9.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the color, and anytime the significant other is ENCOURAGING you to buy another guitar, you'd be a fool to resist!

THIS! Man, I would love it if my wife said, "Honey, I really think you need a pointy guitar." Of course, I am more of a Mockingbird guy.

• Members

Tread lightly old man. How do you think SWMBO is going to react when her prized gift ends up only hanging on the wall? Better to be gently honest now, only having to hopefully endure her disappointment, rather than later having to deal with her wrath.

• Members

Why would she think you would like some hideous, pointy monstrosity if you obviously don't. I say let her know what you'd really like to have. That way, as others have pointed out, you'll play it instead of leaving it on the wall out of embarassment. If fact, I'd be embarassed to have something like that hanging on my wall.

• Members

Tell her to make it an Ironbird, then you can store it at my house and come visit it anytime you want. And Dragoro, get over yourself.
No one turns down a guitar that mama suggests.
Not even the snobs amongst us.
:rolleyes:

True wisdom.

• Members

Tell her to make it an Ironbird, then you can store it at my house and come visit it anytime you want. And Dragoro, get over yourself. No one turns down a guitar that mama suggests. Not even the snobs amongst us.
:rolleyes:

Plus infinity ....

• Members

Lot of warlock hate in this thread. A good US made warlock will outplay most of the guitars owned by people who bag on them. I wouldn't get the one you picked though, I can't stand the nutsack headstock. But they are now making imports with the classic reverse curved 6 in-line headstock. I think they even make one in that finish. Looks just like a warlock II, but with a figured top. Incidentally, I have two warlocks, and one of them is my co-go to, right now sharing with my recently acquired Westone Paduak I.

• Members

Get this one
:love:

Pro-X-Warlock-PXWS.jpg

That one's pretty close to what I was talking about. Wrong bridge for a BCR, but the current owners can't seem to get that through their heads. I have a limited run Warlock from last year which is what these newer imports are based on, albeit without some of the bells and whistles of that run.

Archived