DiMarzio DP160 NORTON

Orkestra

• Members

Anyone got one of these in the bridge?

How do they sound? Please don't tell me about your AIR NORTONS because THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!!!

I want to replace the EVO in my RG570 bridge with it, the EVO is to hot and not the tone im looking for, not enough erm; SUBTLETY!

It doesn't seem all that popular, but I think, from the description; it sounds fantastic!!!

I play extreme metal, tuned to Bb.

• Members

I liked mine alot in a LP copy and a strat. Has just a little of the Fred "ow" tone, but without going over the top. Not as hot as an EVO for sure. Cleans up decent when you get out of it. Didn't like the air norton(in the bridge). Had no character to me. Norton does have nice mids. It worked well in both guitars. I really liked it. No clue why it isn't more popular. I think it's one of Dimarzio's better offerings personally. I thought it killed in the Les Paul especially. Only took it out because I sole the guitar.

• Members

I'll second the notion of it's similarity to the FRED; I felt that the FRED had a little more...I dunno... roundness to it, while the Norton had more bite.

I went with a FRED, but I was looking for a neck pick-up, and not a bridge, so I wanted the softer sound for smoother lead work. the Norton might go better in the bridge; at least it would to my ears.

• 3 years later...

Archived