who are your favorite independent dealers?

Help!I'maRock!

• Members

i.e. not GC,MF, Music123, AMS, Sweetwater, etc. nor somebody like Guitarfetish, Carvin, or Rondo who is offering only their own brand.

outside of the Willcutts, Music Zoos, and Wildwoods of the world (all top notch dealers), who else is out there? i'm looking for reputable dealers that won't accept a dog, even on a low-line instrument, and who place customer service first.

whatcha got?

• Members

You can pretty much never go wrong with an AIMM (Association of Independent Music Merchandisers) dealer. The 2 nearest AIMM dealers to your area I believe are Alto Music in Middletown and Dave Phillips Music in Phillipsburg NJ. I also deal a lot with Rudy's in NYC and Ludlow Guitars in Brooklyn, both fine reputable institutions. If anybody would like info on the nearest AIMM dealer to their location I'm happy to look up and provide.

• Members

Drum City Guitarland in Denver. They set up all of their guitars to their customers' liking, and they are great to deal with. You're not just getting a guitar in a box with these guys. Of course you already mentioned Wildwood, who is also local. I've purchased from them also, these are two great shops with different specializations.

www.drumcityguitarland.com

• Members

We had a great independent dealer where i live called Underdogs, but they could not complete with the big dogs and went under! Now we have two of the same dealers in town, because Long and Mcquade bought out the other store we had! Not a lot of options here now! Ebay has become my friend!

• Members

Route 60 Music in Barboursville, WV; Fret n Fiddle in St. Albans, WV; 4 O'Clock Rock (Formerly Rick's) in Ashland, KY.

Hey, I live in the Charleston area now. Grew up in St. Albans right up the street from F'n'F.

All of my family is from Ashland. Where is 4 o'clock Rock?

Edit: Ah, I see it's off 16th street. Will have to check that place out!

• Members
i.e. not GC,MF, Music123, AMS, Sweetwater, etc. nor somebody like Guitarfetish, Carvin, or Rondo who is offering only their own brand.

outside of the Willcutts, Music Zoos, and Wildwoods of the world (all top notch dealers), who else is out there? i'm looking for reputable dealers that won't accept a dog, even on a low-line instrument, and who place customer service first.

whatcha got?

I've always loved going here! http://davesguitar.com/

Archived