Schecter players, join the SCHECTER SOCIETY!!

Mind Riot

• Members

All right, I tried this in Guitar Jam and it's goin well, but we need more support. Since we have the XT Brotherhood I thought maybe we should start up a Schecter club.

If you are one of us who have seen the light and play Schecters' wonderful guitars and know what a great value they are, step up and join the new SCHECTER SOCIETY.

Please tell what Schecter you use to unleash your supreme rockitude, so we all may ooh and ahh in unison. Pics would also be appreciated.

I know there's lots of Schecter players on this board, so step up and unite!

Myself, I play a truly wonderful Schecter 007 Blackjack seven string. Mahogany body, set maple neck with extended 26 1/2" scale, Tonepros tune-o-matic bridge, Grover tuners, and Seymour Duncan JB and '59 pickups. Oh yeah.

Step up, brothers, and show us your Schecters!

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok, here's some much needed photos for this thread!!

Schecter C1 Plus: Black Cherryburst - Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in bridge and Pearly Gates in Neck. Parrellel/Series push/pull switches on both pickups

Schecter_C1Plus_2004.jpg

Schecter C1 Classic: Vintage Natural Gloss - Duncan JB/59 w/5 way switch.

Schecter_C1_Classic.jpg

Schecter C7 Plus: Vintage Sunburst - Best Duncan Designed pickups I've ever heard. No need to change em out.

Schecter_C7Plus_vintageburst.jpg

Schecter C1 Silvertop. EMG-ZW 81/85 Pickups. One of my favorite guitars. Awesome neck, awesome fretwork, top notch in every regard.

Schecter_C1Silvertop_EMG-ZW_800.jpg

I have to say. I went down to GC and tried out several PRS Custom 24s and none of em felt any better in any regard to any of my Schecters. I like the neck much better on the Schecters. Perfect shape for me. Not too thin, not too thick. Perfect.

The C1 series IMO is the ultimate guitar. The tone and construction of a Les Paul with the comfortable shape of a Strat. Heaven.

ROCK ON

• Members

Originally posted by jonny toetags

I see you have 4 Mazi...i'm after your crown
:)

The guys at my shop gave me this because all i pretty much buy anymore are Schecters:

:cool:

I dig your trans-black C1 Plus. That is awesome. Those are pretty rare too it seems.....

My next Schecter just might be either a Bomber Girl or a BlackJack C1 maybe.......:D

What I'm seriously looking for though is a C1 Plus Floyd Rose model with the Vintage Sunburst finish! :drool:

• Members

Originally posted by Mazi Bee

Ok, here's some much needed photos for this thread!!

Schecter C7 Plus: Vintage Sunburst - Best Duncan Designed pickups I've ever heard. No need to change em out.

Schecter_C7Plus_vintageburst.jpg

ROCK ON

Now that is hot. I really like that style headstock. I would like to have the new Banshee. It is a badass looking axe.

• Members

i hear ya Mazi...i've been GASsing for a Bomber Girl for a while....hopefully i'll get it before they discontinue them.

It was at the top of my list until i saw a red Tempest in P-Roach's new vid. I want a Tempest and i'm digging the red (same as they used on Jerry Horton model C1). Just waiting to see if it will be an '05 production model.

• Members

Count me in. I have the C-1 Elite pictured below (just like Johnny toetags) :D

I loved everything about it but the jumbo frets....went to 12's this weekend and no more issues. I love it. My gas list in order

A Rickenbacker (not sure what model)

An OLP MM1 (on the way....ye haw!)

Schecter Banshee as soon as they're available

and that Black cherry number of Mazi's. :D :D :D

DSCN1374.jpg

• Members

mine is a C1+ in Black Cherry burst. pickups are Carvin C22B zebra coil in the bridge and a Carvin Holdsworth H22N in the neck position. Pots are Push/Pull for coil splitting. I also installed a Gibson three way selector switch. Graphite nut and i leveled the frets so the action is low and smooth. I love the Grover tuners so they stay.........great guitar!!

• Members

It's great to see so many Schecter lovers in here. But please, people, put it in your sig! Unite under the protective blue aura of the SCHECTER SOCIETY

{COLOR=blue}SCHECTER SOCIETY{/COLOR}

Just exchange these {} for these [].

The sigs, people, the sigs! :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Cast_Aside

is that a spitfire?i was looking into these..how do they sound

I like it. One person who owned one said they thought the neck was too narrow, and it kept fretting out, but I haven't had any problems with that myself. The pickups are decent. Nothing great, the neck and bridge sound very much alike, but they get the job done well enough. Over all, I think it was worth the $250 I payed for it.

• Members

on the ESP board, there's a annoucement saying that Schecter is, indeed, a subsidary of ESP guitars--I kinda suspected that, now even more so, since the C1 is a virtual dead-ringer for the ESP Horizon or LTD H-series---hey, it's all good--I plan on getting one of the new Schecters w/ EMG pick-ups and Tone Pro bridges. i bet the Dean Vendetta shares the same lineage as the Schecters and LTDS/ESPS:D

Archived