Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schecter players, join the SCHECTER SOCIETY!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking about getting a Schecter C-1 BlackJack (either that or an Edwards) and almost 99% of reviews i read were really positive... well, today some guy told me that he and his friend both have one and that it goes out of tune really quickly, that the tuners are not so great, that the strings break really oftenly (more often than they should) and it's not actually a very good guitar... so, what do you say?

If this dude and his friend smack the strings stupidly hard like meat axe maniacs then NO guitar is immune from string breakage - same goes for buzzing out. Same if the guitar is never maintained.

The tuners Schecter uses are Grovers, and the bridges are Gotoh w/ Tonepros locking screws. Both are excellent quality. The nut is plastic, and like every other nut out there (except for Graphtech Tremnuts and other graphite / teflon types) requires a bit of lubricant at every string change for supreme tuning stability. The bridge saddles are similar, you need to lubricate them to some extent when you change the strings. And periodically (especially if a string breaks at the saddle) you'll need to sand/file off any burring on the saddles (I check mine every few string changes). And, this is true for ALL guitars.

The Schecter Diamond series have great hardware, and as long as you keep them maintained to some reasonable extent (you don't need to go overboard), they perform extremely well. It sounds like this guy and his mate have no concept of keeping a guitar operational. It's not hard to do the basics, and you can always take it to a technician if something needs doing that requires tools or skills that you don't have (eg. refrets, electronic repairs, etc).

The frets on my C1-Classic aren't the hardest in the world, and used to wear down quite fast when I left strings on for too long. But, since I started wiping the undersides of the strings and changing them more often, this problem went away.
    SCHECTER SOCIETY

Schecter C1-Classic - with Graphtech Ghost piezos (piezo installation thread and sound clips)

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

Comment

• My '96 Schecter Custom Shop PT

Schecter makes a great playing/feeling guitar at any price point.
      GuitarMix.net
      Musicians Online Collaboration Website

Comment

• Schecter C-1 Classic, Antique Amber.
        What value in a guitar
        I have had it for 5 years now and still in love with it. I had some issues with the volume pot and 5-way switch after about 3 years but CS mailed me new ones for free and I replaced them myself. First electric I owned since I sold my Les Paul 20 years ago (deluxe sunburst....I don't miss that heavy ass plank) and it's about the smoothest playing guitar I have ever owned. What a great bargain!
        American Standard Strat
        Carvin DC135FR
        Schecter C-1 Classic
        MESA 5:25 Express
        ---------------------------------------------------

Good transactions with "Teh Bacons," "weatherboy," "pianorocker," and "iualum," "Bloodbros," "Bro Blue," "Megaboogie"

Comment

• I was in back when this started, but sold my only Schecter a year or so back. A couple months ago I picked another up (a C7 Hellraiser) and couldn't be happier. I'm currently drooling over a 007 Blackjack like Mind Riot's. Hell, I'd bust a few nuts if Schecter ever made one of these.

Anywho, here are some shots of my love.

The Gear
          Schecter Loomis NT
          Schecter 006 Elite
          Epiphone Les Paul Standard
          Agile Interceptor Pro
          Washburn Tabu
          Laney TT412A
          --------------------------------------
          Good Deals With: joelbah, Lonnie99, smith10210

Comment

• after going through all 22 pages worth of schecter society thread, i've come to the conclusion that

SCHECTER GUITARS ARE BEAUTIFUL!

oh, and that MAZI B needs to post ALL of his guitars!!!! the stuff i've seen from him are awesome! his dean. dillion. schecter. and bunch of others is making me drool!
            FOR SALE: Dean SOLTERO, AGILE AL3100, AGILE AL3000, Ibanez RG321mh

WoweeZowee created the Agile HARM III

My gear:

2009- Dean Soltero Standard in TBA
            2009- Godin 5th Avenue Cognac burst
            2008- Agile AL 3100 Blue flame emg
            for part II SC II click: here
            2007- Crafter SA Rosewood Hybrid w/ Peizo and single coil pickup
            2007- Ibanez RG321mh with reversed headstock
            2006- Agile AL 3000 slim neck rootbeer

Comment

• i've got a terrible itch for a blackjack EX... any comments? i don't do any crazy low tunings (Eb mainly, Drop Db occasionally), i just like they way baritones play.

if i do get one i will probably change out the pups, and put these into a warmoth project i've had going for a while.

Comment

• Could someone give me some info on the hellraiser C7? Hows the neck? Can you fly on it? Also how the lead and rythm tone?

It's neck through and longer scale, more of a rhythm machine in my hands. Full access to 24 frets - can't complain!

Tone is top notch.
                http://arachnode.net - A .NET web crawler written in C# using SQL 2008.

Comment

• It's neck through and longer scale, more of a rhythm machine in my hands. Full access to 24 frets - can't complain!

Tone is top notch.

Actually, it's a set-neck.

Plus, that question is over 1.5 years old, and the guy owns one now if you look at his sig.
                  The Gear
                  Schecter Loomis NT
                  Schecter 006 Elite
                  Agile Interceptor Pro
                  Washburn Tabu
                  Laney TT412A

Comment

• i finally got my arse into gear & here is my Omen6 FR Diamond series

bit fuzzy , will work on that
                    new acquisitions ; Cort ME70 , Epiphone Wilshire (tremotone) , chopped Peavey Special 130 "head"

Epiphone Empire

Laney Posse

Comment

• CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Bolt-on /25.5
                      Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Or you can try living on the southside of Chicago on eight dollars a month and learn some real blues phrases.

YouTube • Soundclick

Comment

• I have a Schecter Omen Extreme. It's a pretty uncommon Omen model because unlike the regular ones, it has a beautiful quilt top and binding. I replaced the stock(but pretty good) pickups with a SD JB/Jazz set. I've also got a Power Rails and Fat Pat from GFS on the way to replace the seymours. I also replaced the strap buttons with a pair of Schallers. So far, I'm pretty impressed. The neck is very very easy to play on and the tones I'm getting are really nothing short of awesome. Plus the coil tap, I have a guitar that can handle almost every style of music there is. If I were to replace it, I'd only do so with another Schecter like a C-1 Plus or PT.

I'll get some pics up when my sister comes back with the camera.

Comment

• I don't have a new guitar to post, but my girlfriend did get me each of the following shirts and stickers for Christmas.

The Gear
                          Schecter Loomis NT
                          Schecter 006 Elite
                          Agile Interceptor Pro
                          Washburn Tabu
                          Laney TT412A

Comment

• Schecter C-1 classic, elite, or blackjack?

im kinda leaning toward blackjack
                            love is suicide

Comment

• I'd say blackjack. The features are hard to beat for the price.
                              The Gear
                              Schecter Loomis NT
                              Schecter 006 Elite
                              Agile Interceptor Pro
                              Washburn Tabu
                              Laney TT412A

Comment

• I'd say blackjack. The features are hard to beat for the price.

thats kinda funny though that the best one is the cheaper one
                                love is suicide

Comment

Working...
                                X