Danelectro GAS - Questions

Monkeybot

• Members

I've wanted a Danelectro Longhorn Baritone since I was in 8th grade ----

I was tooling around today at work and found one on a site from Germany --

A couple of questions -

1. Does Danelectro produce guitars for European distribution only? I've been looking for one of these pretty seriously for a couple of years - All of a sudden I found one today. Seems like something that they stock pretty regularly. Confusing.

2. If I order from this site (which seems like a Musician's Friend located in Germany), what kind of issues do I have to worry about? The site shows that they ship to the US, but I've never ordered anything from anywhere except the US and Canada. Are there any kind of customs issues?

It all seems odd to me. I've looked around for this guitar for years and all of a sudden someone has them in stock. Seriously, I looked for this guitar a couple of weeks ago and didn't find anything.

Advice - Info?

I want this guitar.

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/Danelectro-63-dano-reissue-baritone-redburst-guitar-/180709519930?pt=Guitar&hash=item2a1320723a

^ I have that one and like it. Make them an offer. I'd bet they'd take something like $300. And you could try something like $262 so it would be $300 shipped.

Mine cost me $269 + tax new.

But you could do something like I posted or try the import. The other thing to consider is that Danelectro comes out with new models every year. They are clever in that they are limited run productions which keeps interest up. But a new baritone that may be not too dissimilar from the old may be soon coming. :idk:

Here's 3 of my 5

DSC02181.jpg

• Members

Can you not order from MF here in the US? They show
on their website.

That's the 4 string bass - Secondary GAS. They don't look like they're doing a 6-string bass or the baritone right now (at least in the US) - I was thinking about the Jerry Jones 6-string bass, but he's getting out of the business. Thought about getting the bass then modding it, but I found a German retailer that has the Dano Baritone...

It's that Longhorn shape that kills me. I had the U2 shaped Bari for couple of years and then sold it. Been regretting that forever...

• Members

All cool guitars. I did have the U2 shaped baritone for a while and I'm 100% sold on the sound. I just want a Longhorn. I really want a Longhorn. I really, really want a Longhorn.

The one I found is black - which is cool - but I really want a copper-burst.

We'll see.

• Members

All cool guitars. I did have the U2 shaped baritone for a while and I'm 100% sold on the sound. I just want a Longhorn. I really want a Longhorn. I really, really want a Longhorn.

The one I found is black - which is cool - but I really want a copper-burst.

We'll see.

i have a copperburst Dano Convertible. my wife calls it "vaginaburst".

IMAG0028-1.jpg

• Members

I just got a dano hodad for cheap because it needed some TLC. I planned to have a fun project and put it on eBay for a tiny profit, but I can't get the damn thing to leave my hands! They must put something on those necks!

Archived