The Iceman Cometh!!!!! NGD!!!

craigny

• Members

Well, I have no patience, so instead of paying her off and then picking her up, I decided to pick her up and pay her off..(well i got 12 months intrest free financing with my music store CC), so it really made no sense not to grab her...heres a pic...this thing is the coolest looking guitar ive seen man, i LOVE the Shape and look man...killer

Iceman-1.jpg

Ok so heres my inital impressions of her...

Tone..LOVE the D-Activators...both pickups are articulate and punchy if needed...great muting sounds, brings the chugga in spades..bridge hits like a sledgehammer and the neck gives nice lead tones.

Neck..I was a little worried about how me and the Wizard would get along, as most of my necks are on the chuncky side, but i have owned slim necks before...well i gotta say i find it very comfortable i really like it..the tall frets are just right for me...no compliants

Balance/weight..OK so heres the deal...yes this guitar is a little heavy in the neck, if you have a super slick nylon strap youd have to hold her up a bit...using my suede Levy if i let go she pretty much stays in place (if im not doing jumping jacks with no hands on the guitar)...but she will tug on the shirt a little if your strap isnt positioned correctly on you shirt when you first sling her over your shoulder (i think you all know what i mean)..in other words you have to sling her over and then hold the guitar in the approx location where you want her as far as the angle and then lower the full weight on your shoulder (this is true for any grippy strap..if you move the guitar all over the place it will drag your shirt with it)..those of you out there with the same kinda straps and guitars know exactly what im talkin about...as far as weight, alot of people complain about how heavy this guitar is...i guess they have never played a non chambered LP, cause it aint as heavy...is it as light as a Parker?, NO, but it's really not that bad..so in conclusion, is it perfectly balanced..no, but its totally acceptable to me and im a pain when it comes to this so i dont believe its too bad at all..weight..not a factor at all.

Finish/hardware..no real flaws in the finish...my guy just set her up, new set of 10's, and put on the Dunlop straplocks..stays in tune no problems..looks mint.

Overall so far im really diggin it..i know its the honeymoon phase and all but ive owned enough guitars to be honest from the get go i dont fool myself anymore...bottom line the Iceman is a keeper...she will be on the stage with me for my next gig on the 20th!!

• Members

i really like the specs of those and the white ones are sick. i had an ic400 with burstbuckers for a while and it was a sweet guitar. i do prefer the 3+3 headstock and block inlays though. either way im a huge fan of the iceman and would love to have another one day. congrats and HNGD

o and good review, thanks

• Members

Wow dude, you really go through a lot of guitars!
:eek:
Glad youre diggin it man, Ive always thought of Icemen as Explorers with bits cut out
:thu:
Id love to get my hands on a Fireman when and if the cheap versions come out...

http://www.ibanez.com/images/contentEntries/2555/Fireman/video.html

lol.. yeah I go through a lot of guitars but I love the iceman.. lol dude I'm right there with you with the fireman.. I think you are right, we are twins

• Members

congrats!... what amp will you be using it with?

Thanks....I'll be using it with my Egnater Renegade...haven't plugged it into her yet...only used my Tonelab with headphones so far since last night...can't wait to hear her on it!

• Members

Yeah they're awesome..played it at rehearshal last night...the 3" leather strap makes it WAY more comfortable and balanced, huge difference...id highly recommend a wide leather strap for these guitars if you think they feel a little neck heavy...

Archived