Daphne Blue = chick magnet

docjeffrey

• Members

I'm pretty sure that the ladies don't give two shits about what kind of guitar you're playing--in other words, that $6000 R9 may just as well be an Agile knock off as far as they are concerned.

But show up to a gig with a Daphne Blue Tele and I guarantee you that it will attract their attention. I've gotten lots of comments about the color of this guitar:

From my Facebook page:

Kim xxxx xxxxx What a lovely portrait! Does the baby blue one play extra soft and sweet ? :-)

tel.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They didn't even care that it said "Squire" on the headstock! :-)

Possibly because it doesn't?

Sorry, I couldn't resist :-)

I have another theory. I agree that the wimmin notice the custom colours more, but do you not think that perhaps they mark you down as, er, being a bit too much in touch with your feminine side? I mean, as opposed to wielding a butch black LP Custom, for example? I should add that I gigged a Seafoam Green partsocaster for years, so I am no stranger to the phenomenon :D

• Members

I don't care what women or men, for that matter, think about my guitar. If I like it and it fits me and my hands, sounds good, plays nicely and stays in tune, that's a beautiful guitar and one I'll be keeping. I prefer my guitars to look a bit more like a "manly" guitar over a pretty "girly" guitar.:):):poke::):)

• Members

daphne blue lovin women would want you to take them to dinner... they'd want roses and expensive champagne... they'd expect you to be the perfect gentleman... then if they felt particularly frisky... they might bless you with a kiss on the cheek at the end of the evening

i prefer to buy black guitars

• Members

I refinished my Strat in Daphne blue. It turned out beautifully and you're right, the women love the color.

Almost three years later, I want to refinish it again, this time in Black. My wife and two daughters wont let me. Seriously, they wont.

• Members

I've noticed this as well, they tend to like my daphne strat and surf green bass the most.

I don't care what women or men, for that matter, think about my guitar. If I like it and it fits me and my hands, sounds good, plays nicely and stays in tune, that's a beautiful guitar and one I'll be keeping. I prefer my guitars to look a bit more like a "manly" guitar over a pretty "girly" guitar.
:)
:):poke:

If you're in it for the music, you're doing it for the wrong reason! We 'bout 'bout the fly honies!

• Members

I refinished my Strat in Daphne blue. It turned out beautifully and you're right, the women love the color.

Almost three years later, I want to refinish it again, this time in Black. My wife and two daughters wont let me. Seriously, they wont.

Same.

My wife has told me that I can NEVER sell my trans red AS73. She says it's because it's a cool guitar, but I know it's just because it's her favorite color.

• Members

When I had a Daphne Blue Mustang, a girl looked at the guitar and was like, oh that's pretty. She was indifferent to the Candy Apple Red Jaguar.

When I got a Daphne Blue Squier Deluxe Strat, some other girl looked at the guitar and was like, oh that's pretty. She's never commented on any other guitar other than the Hello Kitty one.

Archived