Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I saw this clip ...and now I need to know about Fuzz!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never heard that band before, but I really like it. Gonna check out more of their stuff on youtube.

Just read a little about them... they seem to have a connection with the band Love and Arthur Lee... maybe that's why I like their sound (I'm an Arthur Lee/Love fan).
    Originally Posted by Michael Scott

That's what she said.

Favorite Bands/Influences:
    Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, early Scorpions, Jack White/White Stripes, Eric Gales, Michael Landau, Andy Timmons, Greg Howe, Otis Rush, early Clapton, Zeppelin, The Who, Arthur Lee & Love, Deep Purple, Animals as Leaders, the Dirtbombs, Black Keys, Freddie King

Comment

Thanks guys (I love that Black Keys song Bling...good choice for the demo of fuzz.

I'm getting to see the difference between distortion and fuzz and now I have fuzz gas...

But I just joined the evil empire (bought an Ipad) so it might be a while before I spring for a fuzz so I'll keep listening/learning
      Originally Posted by Frets99
      I held one note through the whole thing and grimaced like I was being taken from behind by a camel.....

Member MAZI BEE KICK ASS MILITIA
      HCGB #251
      Guitars: F15 Fender Acoustic, F385 Takamine 12 String Acoustic, MIM Fender Strat with BG V60's, MIK Fender Blackout Tele with BG Pure90s, Reverend Manta Ray
      Amps: Mesa TA-15, White Box 1x12 cab, Crate V18 1-12
      Some Pedals

Comment

Hey Nuke!

I use a little from time to time, we do a couple of Hendrix songs and it's awesome for that (I do have to use a booster in the band, fuzz can get lost), just have a Dunlop Hendrix JH-2 and a Dano Cool Cat right now. I really want a Pharoah, love all the clips I've seen of that. I like a single -coil with the volume backed off for chords.....
        href="http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=richey+lather" Good deals with: Mister Zero, homestar_kevin, Nomad000, ed_sped2, Jim Hunter, D34dBaWx, Vidiot72, ny300percentcom, bluedevil0204, PumpkinPieces, Silverring233, darkmonohue, diceman1000, sethseth, boonestunes, Shauggy, echobaseone, firebrand, Macelind, BloodBros, michaellambson, SunofNothing, jdpkeeper, sameoldbluesman, Shamdog, WBigsby, Mike Fiasco, Greystoke

Comment

Yeah they were like the American Yardbirds...Get Randy Holden Early Works 64-67 if you can find it. His other group The Fender IV were pioneers of early surf.

Never heard that band before, but I really like it. Gonna check out more of their stuff on youtube.

Just read a little about them... they seem to have a connection with the band Love and Arthur Lee... maybe that's why I like their sound (I'm an Arthur Lee/Love fan).

stuff:
          52RI Tele
          Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
          more stuff:
          65 Twin Reverb Reissue
          Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

Yeah they were like the American Yardbirds...Get Randy Holden Early Works 64-67 if you can find it. His other group The Fender IV were pioneers of early surf.
            Cool, thanks for the suggestions. Yeah I'm going to check that out for sure. Sounds like I'll like it.
            Originally Posted by Michael Scott

That's what she said.

Favorite Bands/Influences:
            Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, early Scorpions, Jack White/White Stripes, Eric Gales, Michael Landau, Andy Timmons, Greg Howe, Otis Rush, early Clapton, Zeppelin, The Who, Arthur Lee & Love, Deep Purple, Animals as Leaders, the Dirtbombs, Black Keys, Freddie King

Comment

check out Randy Holden's website...hes an artist and kind of sound like Hendrix now.

stuff:
              52RI Tele
              Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
              more stuff:
              65 Twin Reverb Reissue
              Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

Welcome to the dark side.

I just got a boss FZ-2 to join the fuzz family, which now consists of a Swollen Pickle MKII, Vexter Fuzz Factory, and a Lovetone Big Cheese Clone. All that covers a lot of ground, but one can never have too many fuzz pedals

Comment

Hope you can get your hands on a fuzz pedal one day. There's so many to choose from... I learned a bit about fuzz in the Effects forum a while back.

Yeah I found that demo on the Effects forum. I think there will be a fuzz pedal in my future. That often is the result of me listening to something and going "wow that sounds amazing"

I have both the Transatlantic 15 and the Flashback delay because of that ...and this is the same level of infatuation
                  Originally Posted by Frets99
                  I held one note through the whole thing and grimaced like I was being taken from behind by a camel.....

Member MAZI BEE KICK ASS MILITIA
                  HCGB #251
                  Guitars: F15 Fender Acoustic, F385 Takamine 12 String Acoustic, MIM Fender Strat with BG V60's, MIK Fender Blackout Tele with BG Pure90s, Reverend Manta Ray
                  Amps: Mesa TA-15, White Box 1x12 cab, Crate V18 1-12
                  Some Pedals

Comment

I usually use Fuzz for all kinds of distortion. Makes me very happy! I have the Russian Big Muff and I love it to death. To me, regular distortion doesn't sound as good! I love fuzz.
                    Guitars: Harmony H45, Epiphone Dot Deluxe, Fender Mustang, Gibson MM Special, Gibson B25, Teisco Mayqueen
                    Amps: Vox AC4, Vox AC15, Harmony H205, Silvertone 1430, Gibson G10

Comment

I wasn't big on fuzz until recently. I found that into a loud tube amp it can really do some magic. Prior to that I was just playing at home levels and was totally underwhelmed. I am now officially a convert.
                      My Space
                      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=497122

Comment

My biggest requirement when it comes to fuzz pedals is that it cuts through in a live mix. If you play with more than one guitar, most of the time a fuzz doesn't have enough midrange to it, and you'll sorta disappear. The fuzz in the vid below has been my main unit for the last two or three years because it DOES cut through.

Still, I badly want some sort of Univox Superfuzz-ish thing. Could be quite fun. Pete seemed to dig it.

Originally Posted by jnurp

hearing brokenhymen or whatever they are called makes me appreciate one single note from BB king that much more.

Originally Posted by jrkirkish

Obama: "The partisan divide is killing this country"
                        Left side of the room: *Standing ovation*
                        Right side of the room: *silence*
                        Obama (later, alone and drinking): *facepalm*

Comment

It isn't the pedal... it's Andy. He makes all things sound amazing.

Comment

Fuzz takes time. But it is time well spent.
                            Phil at Fat Tone
                            www.fattoneguitars.com
                            www.youphonic.com

Comment

It isn't the pedal... it's Andy. He makes all things sound amazing.

No the pedal rules
                              MATAMP/SUNN/ORANGE/GIBSON/MARSHALL/BlackArtsToneworks
                              http://www.orthodoxfuzz.com

Comment

the song the dude was playing in the beginning of the demo
                                This space intentionally left blank

Comment

Working...
                                X